Welcome to the new server!!

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by LowWaterMark, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

Only one glitch: you lost all my PMs !!!!! Or, was that expected and I just didn't know about it? It reads:

Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

{Lost about 26 PMs in inbox, and roughly that number in outbox}

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

No glitch, Randy: it has been announced the PM's would not be part of the conversion :)

regards.

paul

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Mine were lost also and I don't recall any warning that we should save them before the conversion so I suspect this wasn't anticipated. Not everything goes perfect and as expected in a conversion like this. Board looks great though now doesn't it?

Sure is different to now be able to hover the mouse over the thread and in IE read practically the entire last post if it is not long. Firefox hover only shows a few wordsbut even that is kinda neat.

Edit: I see Paul says there were warnings. I guess I just didn't see them. Anyhow, everything else is fantastic!!!

4. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

I dunno about those 'hover pop-ups'; I'm finding them more than a bit distracting. Is there any way I can turn them off? I looked in UserCP, but found nothing on this.

5. Paul Wilders

Comes with the package - sorry to hear you don't like it.

regards.

paul

6. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

I'm sure I'll get used to it, Paul. It's just that I'm finding it distracting while I'm trying to get caught up while also dealing with a new environment.

Great job in getting back up and running, by the way. Everything looks good!

7. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

EXCELLENT job on the server conversion! the website's interface now looks fresher and cleaner too. :D

8. Paul Wilders

Although we did have some more time, most of us have to get familiar with the new board software - a matter of time really :)

Thanks for the compliment. Credits are due to LWM and Jason for this tremendous job well done :cool:

regards.

paul

9. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Paul Wilders, Mods and All.

What can I say other than AWAY you Go Wilder's

Thanks again for another Great Conversion.
    TheQuest :cool:

10. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I want to say that this looks so much better in Firefox and Mozilla than the old forum did. It displays beautifully. Now, IE, is a different story...there I can't read much of anything and increasing the text size doesn't increase the size of much of the text...such as the list of threads which is in tiny font. But this is one reason I seldom use IE as this happens at other sites also on IE. So, that problem with IE doesn't matter much to me.

I'm thrilled that I don't need to increase text zoom anymore here on Firefox and Mozilla. It looks great at 100% . I used to need to increase to 150% to make it comfortably readable and then some text would not increase (like IE is still). Now all text on this site is very comfortable to read in these two browsers at the default zoom level. That is wonderful!

Plus, I was having a ton of problems using Firefox on the old site. I don't have any problems so far on the new board and I have been posting here for a while today so again this is great! This is really nice software!

Kudos to Mike/Jason/Paul!!!!

11. marti

marti Registered Member

Randy,

Sorry that you missed the notice on the PM's.

I had to upload my avatar again and change my profile settings, but other than that, things seem OK, so far. I have been though forum upgrades (on another forum), where a simple forum software upgrade (same forum software) turns into major problems for most of the users!

The folks that worked on this conversion did a great job, and I'm impressed that they were able to transfer the threads and our user names.

12. DV8Cowboy

DV8Cowboy Registered Member

Great, really well done! :)

Congratulations all!

- Cowboy

13. Eagle1

Eagle1 Guest

For some reason I had to register again. (??)

14. Denim

Denim Registered Member

Wtg !!!!! To Mike , Jason and Paul On a Job very well done and with Seamless effort and Great Transaction!! :D . I didnt have no problem at all in relogging in or nothing . You Guys Done a Fantasitc Job!!! And deserve a pat on the back, For making all go as smoothly as you did In as little time as you did. I commend you all !! Keep up the great work. And once again thank you for all the countless hrs that you do put in to making this one of the best Forums on the Web !!
    :) Denim :)

15. Lyapunovia

Lyapunovia Registered Member

Really smooth and fast guys. Looks good too :)
    Well done.
    L

16. chapter1

chapter1 Registered Member

:D Saw the notice over on DSLR and decided to check it out.

Just joined and it's working great! Nice place, feels comfortable here.

17. Mossback

Mossback Registered Member

tis looking real good, and it sure seems a lot faster here where I am & I am on dial up. Good work. :D :cool:

18. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

It's part of a plot to wean everyone OFF IE, Mele (Shhh! Don't tell anyone!). Pete

19. angelo_lopes

angelo_lopes Registered Member

Good job. Congratulations!!!!! Keep the good work.

I only can't find where to select the various thread display options. Threaded Mode and Hybrid Mode I can't find where to select it (screen shot would be useful. :)
    Maybe my wife is right: -You need new glasses.....

Best Regards and THank YOu!

20. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Eagle1,

Your original member ID was registered under Ahmad not Eagle1, and is still there with your original password. (YaBB SE had both a real member name and a display name. The display names could not be converted, so everyone reverted to the name they originally used to register.)

Late Edit: I renamed the original member ID to Eagle1 for you as discussed in email.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2004
  21. subratam

subratam Registered Member

This one server is really cool, and got some cool features. Like it and love it.. and yes, special kudos to Mike and Jason and .. heh.. who can forget, Mr Paul Wilders :D

great job

22. pegasus

pegasus Registered Member

I like the new forum software / layout
    Clean but nice :D

23. NanDog

NanDog Registered Member

Yup, you Wilder's folks done good! :D

I'm currently toasting all your efforts with a fine glass of Oregon Fumé Blanc! Here's to you all!

(Okay, I lied....it's my second glass! :cool: )

24. Sandcrab

Sandcrab Registered Member

Big congrats. A really great effort by Paul & his band of willing experts. Having no trouble at all --- very fast & efficient.
    :) :) :)

25. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

HI ALL! Well, this is a pleasant suprise, I was kind of hoping it was my computer that was moving soo fast!;) Oh well, there are so many changes I have been wandering around like a *puppy* !! Congratulations on all the wonderful work!! I love coming here and feeling safe, not like trying to stay two steps ahead of the boogie man, a very mild name to call the misfits without souls who want everyone elses'!! I have been having all kinds of adventures with my computer, and much to learn, so have a great week, everyone!! Back to :ninja: !!! LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.