Random BSODs in XP -- 2.07

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by galneon, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galneon

galneon Registered Member

I 'upgraded' from 2.06p4 today and have enjoyed 4 random BSODs so far. When will the next version be out?

The error occurs with lnsfw.sys F5DFDDEE at F5DF8000 on XP32. I'm currently downgrading.

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hi galneon,

Have you tried an fresh / clean install?

Regards,
    Phant0m``

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Several similar crashes have been reported and the reason is an incorrect ruleset.

To know if this is what you are experiencing, check all rules of your ruleset, and verify the "Ethernet Type" is specified for all rules (except the last one which has to catch everything).
    If the "Ethernet Type" is not specified for one rule, probably the crash is coming from that. Assuming the IP Protocol for that rule is TCP/UDP/ICP,... just select "IP" (or eventually "IPV4", "IPV6") for the "Ethernet Type". Do that for any rule with no "Ethernet Type" and save the ruleset. And you can update to the 2.07 again.

Of course there is a defect in the driver which should protect itself against bad rule, but anyway, even with that protection, the bad rule could catch unwanted packets when the "Ethernet Type" is not specified.
    The good fix will be for the application to inform the user that the rule is not correct when "IP Protocol" is set and "Ethernet type" is not.

If finally all rules were correct (or if you are using a default ruleset which are correct) and you are experiencing the crash, please send me the minidump file at lnssupport@soft4ever.com.

Regards,

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.