Support for Prevx.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Fajo, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Joe. If you don't want this here feel free to remove it I just wanted to share some information, Its your call.

Ok Normally I do not post this kind of stuff. The last 6 Days I been running Malware against Avast, Eset, Avira, Kaspersky, Norton Internet Security 2010 and Prevx. All have had the exact same Malware If the Malware was not detected, I ran it to see if it was detected afterwords. All Samples are from the last month most are only as old as when they were downloaded. I Wont release the results of my findings simply because It's not needed, this test was done for personal reasons and nothing more. But I will say this much Prevx was tested alone as were all the other AV's. Then it got my curiosity going so I retested It with all the AV's listed above, using the same sample set.

The reason I'm Posting this screenshot is simple. A pattern began to develop over the week of testing, Everything that kept getting missed by other AV's was Detected by Prevx And Prevx on its own detected Darn near everything I could throw at it. Take the screenshot and my test for what it's worth, it's just for my own information I just wanted to share it with the Prevx community. That this is a Awesome product, Running along side another program or on its own ether way it does a Awesome job.

This was on the last test of the night. Sad part is this is a common image against all my screen captures of the last week.
    Prevx.jpg

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I think it is wonderful that you decided to share this with us. Thank you. When avast! had its massive fp problem recently, I felt very, very comfortable shutting down all avast! shields because (and only because) I have Prevx real-time installed and on duty. :thumb:
    Sad part? Not if you are a Prevx user, right? :thumb: :thumb:

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Fajo, Yes thanks for sharing indeed!

Hmmmm.... Maybe I should buy a license for Prevx :eek: :D

SweX

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Mongol plans on renewing in a couple weeks if not sooner. He's very happy with Prevx...:thumb: :cool:

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Thanks for posting the image, that is the first time I have seen Prevx show bad registry entries. Good to know. Also, were the settings all on default?

6. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Yes Prevx was a default install, The only ones I adjusted settings on was Eset and Avast. Also just a FYI the registry entry's were for active Malware not left overs. :)

7. Phantasm

Phantasm Registered Member

Prevx is awesome product? It always was and IS :) (It would of been interesting if you ran a Panda Cloud scan too)

8. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Who says I have not. I prefer Prevx and frankly trust it more then I trust panda. So when it comes to cloud scanning I will stick with Prevx.

9. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

And how did "Norton" perform o_O :p

10. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Again I wont release the the test result's, I don't want that headache. The only one Ill release is Prevx because there is little two no data out there for Prevx on tests. Hence why this post is ONLY in the Prevx forum.

11. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Thanks for posting Fajo. Good to see Prevx at work on a real world user test.

12. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Unfortunately Prevx doesn't work for us all.
    I have a clean install of Windows 7, I run on Admin account, the kids run on standard account. Prevx runs on boot up, but when you switch between accounts Prevx vanishes and does not load. Problem reported about a month ago now, but still unresolved.
    This is something of an inconvenience, especially as I have paid for it and it won't run on my computer! I have reimaged and tried again today...........still exactly the same problem.
    It could be the best program in the world, but if it stops running its as much use as a chocolate teapot.

13. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I think this was on Joe's to get fixed list. There is a new version coming out here in the next week maybe it will have that fix also. ;) Guess we will just have to wait and see.

14. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We've had only two reports of this issue and have still not been able to reproduce it reliably enough to develop a fix. It may be worth trying to manually add a registry entry which could get around the issue:

if you add an entry named Prevx to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and point it to:

"c:\program files\prevx\prevx.exe"

That will force it to load on bootup in the new user account. It is a bit of a hacky workaround but please let me know if this works properly for you and we'll add this as an alternate solution :)

Sorry for the inconvenience, although a chocolate teapot does sound rather tasty :D

15. rollers

I will give this a try but not that familiar with editing the registry. Can you explain how I point it to the prevx entry?
    Thanks

16. rollers

I have saved having to do the above.
    Prevx worked fine for me on 64 bit, so I have re installed 64 bit and will wait for the 64 bit safeonline....................thats the only reason I went back to 32 bit to run it.
    I will have to wait patiently

17. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I believe safeonline is coming soon to 64bit. ;)

18. Technic

Technic Registered Member

I bought one year license. Blame Fajo for that! :argh:

19. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

:thumb:. I don't think you will regret it. Never had such a good support team for a AV in all my years of maintaining networks. Prevx support is one of a kind.

20. mhallerman

mhallerman Registered Member

Agreed - the support from Prevx has been second to none. In dealing with technical support depts etc for the past 23 years or so, they are head and shoulders above the rest.

They could teach a master-class in support to other companies as far as I see it.

21. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I second that. :thumb:

22. rollers

Cool, I am looking forward to that...............just got to be patient :D

23. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

SafeOnline will be available for x64 very, very soon :) I'll release more details as soon as the release is imminent, but you won't need to wait much longer at all.

For what it's worth, here is the registry script if wanted:

Code:
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "Prevx"="c:\program files\prevx\prevx.exe"
    If you copy and paste that text into a new file and name it import.reg and then double click that file, it will import the Prevx entry into the registry which should allow it to work properly on bootup.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

24. rollers

Thanks but it is working fine on 64 bit so I will mow wait for the x64 safeonline

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have to admit, SafeOnline was slow to grow on me but after seeing it in action on my kids computers, I am sold on it. 64 bit is the final piece of the puzzle. Like Joe, on my main PC, I use Prevx and nothing else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.