Spam Filter not Working with Office 2010 Beta 2 64Bit

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Scoty, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoty

Scoty Registered Member

I have test the new Outlook 2010 Beta 2 64Bit and the Spam Filter not working. With Outlook 2007 working fine. Is a Beta Update aviable for the Spam Filter? You can download the new Office 2010 Beta 2 64Bit/32Bit over MSDN. I use ESET 4 Smart Security. When i get an new Mail i can see with Eset tested but i have no Option for Spam oder not Spam.

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

There don't seem to be many Spam Filters that work with 2010, and especially not 64 bit as they will have to recompile a 64 bit addin. And I expect it will be like Windows 7 was, and the answer you will get is that it is not supported until final, which will be sometime next year. This is actually the reason I am not runing it. No working Outlook addins.

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Under discussion here.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. xxJackxx

Though I suppose the answer is the same, the issue here is with the antispam toolbar. I doubt there is any problem with virus scanning, but since they added the ribbon interface to Outlook the toolbar is no longer compatible. I tested 3 products today and only one of them shows any antispam button in an addins tabs, ESS and another one show no signs of anything antispam. The other one that doesn't show said they have no intentions of supporting it until final release. Unfortunate but I believe it will be the standard answer.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The thing is MS removed Exchange extensions and made integration much more difficult for AV plugins. We're investigating if the communication via COM objects will be possible or MSO 2010 still suffers from old problems for which we had to prefer communication via Exchange extensions.

6. xxJackxx

Yes, I read they removed the Exchange extensions. After 2 days I found that I had to give up too many things to continue to run the 2010 version of Outlook (and having to close it with task manager) and reinstalled Office 2007.

7. cssoz

cssoz Registered Member

i have no problems with Office 2010 Beta 2 (released on Nov 19,2009)

8. Robertsche

Robertsche Registered Member

@cssoz

work eset smart security works with office 2010 for you without having problems? and the spam filter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.