TDS Question

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Kathyhl, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathyhl

Kathyhl Registered Member

I just recently bought TDS-3. D/L'd it first to try it, then loved it, and bought it. There is so much I have to learn yet, but in reading one of their pages, it said to registered users, click here to download the full version.
    Does that mean I don't have the full version? Certainly hope this isn't a really stupid question o_O

What really surprised me was when I clicked on a link to find out more and it brough me here to Wilders, where I already am a member! This site has everything!

Anyway, thank you to anyone who can advise me on my question.

Kathy ;)

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Kathy,

Welcome :)

As far as I know you should have the full version.
    I suppose that you've got your licence-key after buying it and have followed the instructions to put it in your TDS3-directory and then restarted your TDS-3?
    As far as I remember that is the right procedure, but it is a while back ago that I did it myself, so I could be wrong...

There are two (!!!) DiamondCS forums:
    - here at Wilders is the public forum.
    - and there is also a private TDS-3 forum at the DiamondCS-site. When you have started TDS-3, you could press the Keyboard-button F5 and then you will be able to go to the private DCS-forum, but you have to be registered there!!!

I hope this helps a little bit.

Cheers, Jan.

3. Kathyhl

Thank you SO much Jan! Yes, I did put my license key in my TDS-3 Directory. And just before I was notified of this e-mail, I found the private DCS Forum, but shut it down to get this e-mail, thinking I might have to do something else, so I didn't want to have lots of windows open, therefore, I have not registered yet, but I certainly plan on it!

I am very interested in finding out more about the speech part, but I read somewhere that in order for that to work I would have to download some kind of speech engine, so I think that will have to wait until I get more of this down.

Again, thanks so much for your help :)

Kathy

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Kathy,

I'm glad you've got your key :)

Hey, Jooske can tell you lots about the speech engine etc.
    She definitely is the expert on that here :)

Cheers, Jan.

5. Kathyhl

Thanks Jan :)

And I could use all the help I could get whenever anyone has any time. :)

Great website!

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Kathyhl and welcome in the TDS family!
    Where you downloaded TDS, there are two files more:
    the scripts zip and the speech runtimes.
    Install them default, where the scripts should come in your TDS-3\Scripts folder, and the speech will be somewhere in the blue (of windows).
    Also on that page where you updated your radius, you can grab occasionally the update.cfg file as the mirrors are renewed at times and shaken into other orders to spread the downloads over the various mirrors.
    You will notice in the menu now the Update TDS databases Now! that function works fine.

For the speech, we have several recent threads about that, depends on your windows version:
    win9x series need all msagent and speech parts from www.microsoft.com/msagent while the XP comes with lot of that automatically and needs only the speech parts from that page, most of all the runtimes and control panel at the bottom of the page.
    Then go to the windows control panel where you find the speech control back, disable temporary the SAPI% speech engine which comes with XP and choose the SAPI4 engine to work and TDS should have a brilliant voice.
    I was not happy with one voice only even though in practise do keep one voice i'm familiar with and took all the big spai4 SDK (a 40mb download) to have many more voices and lots of functionality with speech control and dictation etc which are all in the SAPI5 in XP too.
    There is a version of SAPI5 which works fine in the win9 series too, but the msagents characters and TDS have not been told so yet, soooooooo enable the sapi4 and have TDS waking you up and asking for coffee in the morning and bytes of your lunch in stead of your keyboard, etc etc.
    Anyway, see in the recent speech thread more about this subject :)

7. Kathyhl

Thank you Jooske,
    I've printed out your instructions for use. Normally I'd be trying to jump all over this right now, but I'm preparing things for a Monday morning Surgery for my husband, so after I get him home Monday evening, I have no doubt I'll have plenty of time to do what I want on my PC while he sleeps the night away, not to mention probably most of the next day also, which is when I think I will start familiarizing myself with TDS's site and forum. If it's anything at all like this site, it has to be fantastic!

I have Win98 so I'm hoping I will be able to utilize most of what I need. I received a newsletter this morning from DiamondCS and noticed that some of the software they have is not compatible with Win98. Ah, forever pushing forward in the technological world, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they don't push past me one of these days before I have a chance to invest in a newer machine.
    So far I haven't really had the need or desire to as I figure, why fix it if it's not broken, but thankfully I don't see things to often that are not compatible with Win98. I've had such good luck with this machine, I'd hate to have to just set it aside.

But I believe I'm rambling, so once again, thank you so much for your help.

Kathy :)

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Kathyhl, wish your hubby a good recovery already then, and you all the needed strength and support with all that.

For the win98 system: i'm in a process of continu spring cleaning on my system, trying to get one partition finally free which i hope to fill with another windows version, making the system double bootable, but it is taking more time to clean out then i expected, and being really busy.......

Depending on your system's qualifications you might be able to just either install XP over your existing win98 install where it seems you are asked if you want all working in the new XP environment (where i would say "yes" of course) or from inside your win98 installation install XP on another partition with which you would make it double bootable so you have the choice, which could be good if you are not all sure about drivers etc.
    I have not done this myself yet, so this part could be best discussed in the other software and services forum for real advice and tips.

So for you the msagent and speech part will mean install everything from the page, make sure if you get a special language TTS engine you need the core agent engine (from the downloads on top) in the same languages where available.
    The agents and speech are very nice, making TDS our favorite pets! :cool:

9. Kathyhl

Thanks again Jooske, It looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me, although still unsure about the XP. I think I may start with what I can do with what I have so far, and see how far that takes me.

Thank you for all your help :)

Kathy

10. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

We're all learning and learning opportunities are around each corner again :D Take your time, little steps, make yourself comfortable with what you have till the need comes for next stuff and upgrades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.