OFFICIAL RELEASE - Prevx 3.0.5.3/4 with SafeOnline

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by PrevxHelp, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello all,
    We're pleased to announce that we've released build 3.0.5.3 with SafeOnline to new users. We haven't had a new public software release in over 5 months so this is an exciting time :) Existing users will be automatically upgraded in the next few days after we get a feel of the uptake/iron out FPs from other AV vendors/correct any issues which arise but you can download it directly from our new website:

http://www.prevx.com

Please let us know what you think and thank you all for the dedication and help in the beta process!

2. Phantasm

Phantasm Registered Member

Re: OFFICIAL RELEASE - Prevx 3.0.5.3 with SafeOnline

Nice i love the updated website :)

3. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

Will the Beta Testers get a full SafeOnline Licence Upgrade for free?

So am i able to use full SafeOnline Features without paying again? (I bought two Removal + Protection Licences a few weeks ago)

4. PrevxHelp

Yes :) You should have already but if it isn't giving you full HTTPS protection, send me a PM with your license key and I'll take a look :)

5. Habakuck

Ok thank you for clarification. I will test that out on my girlfriends machine cause mine works on 64-bit. ;)

6. Habakuck

I installed PrevX on the 32-bit machine and entered my licence.

It only says PrevX Removal + Protection. Not SafeOnline.

Safe Online Settings for HTTPS are at Maximum by default?!

Do i miss something?

7. PrevxHelp

The license currently won't describe SafeOnline in the "License Information" screen (one of the finer details we haven't added yet :))

I suspect your license key was flagged as being a beta tester so we gave you the maximum protection by default. I'll do some retesting here just to double check the logic when unlicensed, but let me know if anything odd happens :)

8. Habakuck

Let me try to get this right:

If i am able to put the settings for HTTPS protection to Maximum my licence was upgraded to Full SafeOnline Features?!

I think i did not fully understand the difference between the Free SaveOnline and the Full SafeOnline Fatures. But i read your description... ;)

9. PrevxHelp

Yes, that is correct :) You should also be able to add additional websites (i.e. in the full version the configuration isn't locked down).

In the free version, however, you are unable to configure HTTPS to Maximum or add more than 1 custom website.

Let me know if you're experiencing anything different - if you want, you can PM me your license key and I'll see if SafeOnline was automatically tagged into it :)

10. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

it is nice, however it does not display properly for me in Opera 10.

Mike

11. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

The updated website looks really good.

No issues with this release. I updated Wifey's PC too and she hasn't noticed anything....of course she don't know exactly what Prevx is. LOL

12. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

is ths update also for the free 64bit version? im using this right now and it says its up to date even when i click update. but it says my version is 3.0.1.65

13. spm

spm Registered Member

3.0.5.3 (32-bit, on WinXP + SP3) looks good here, at first sight. Well done. The Xmarks bug I reported earlier appears fixed, but my installation reports that I have the free version of SafeOnline - I'll PM you, just in case you feel I am entitled to a free beta-testers licence :)

14. guest

guest Guest

Wow .. I am really shocked that this version is going 'live'!? :eek:

Tried this build some hours ago on XP Pro SP3 and it crashed IE8 in private mode (few tabs open) *again* so that I uninstalled it right at next boot. - And this is supposed to be final? o_O o_O

However, Joe, thanks for 'pushing' me finally to try Win 7. :D - I already bought SSD because my until then HDD based XP SP 3 one month ago was very unstable suddenly :D after your 8 hour heavy debugging shift on my system and ... because I had no backup THEN! *beingtotallystupid* :cool: -

So I want to thank you for being - so to speak - the 'reason' :D upgrading hard- and software to the latest technology available! :D

But ... :D .. I if I ever install Prevx again (in my remaining time of license) I don't know yet. Don't want to trouble my Win 7. No crashes so far, running great, even Skype 3.8 works fine. :p -

Now I really fear the support calls from all my relatives if this version is getting soon on their XP SP3 systems and causing crashes like it did on mine. -> I AM BUSY ALREADY WITH WIN 7! ;)

And btw: I really never would have seen this whole SafeOnline thing going 'live' in 2009 from my *very* bad experience with ALL those beta versions. Crashes all the time. No kidding. -> So GOOD LUCK with that and thanks again for the experience! :D :eek: :p

15. dlimanov

dlimanov Registered Member

Congratulations! Has the enterprise version of Prex been updated as well? Does it also include SafeOnline?

16. Xanthos

Xanthos Registered Member

So is SafeOnline an add-on to 3.0 or entirely new product? I downloaded the newest version and the main screen no longer says Prevx 3.0, it says SafeOnline. There's also two different downloads on the website.

17. PrevxHelp

Unfortunately, across a few thousand beta testers, your bad reports have been one of the very few :doubt: We're definitely interested in solving the problems on your PC but could you let me know if you're still using Fritz!Protect? The bug which they have in their protection DLL is largely unfixable as it is out of our hands :doubt:

If not, please let me know and we can get another support session together when you are available :)

18. PrevxHelp

The Enterprise agent and console have both been updated. They currently do not support SafeOnline but do have a very significant number of changes and improvements to both the agent and the console (a changelog is here: http://info.prevx.com/versioncontrolcsie.asp)

19. PrevxHelp

The separate downloads on the website are primarily for branding purposes but they are the same underlying product - SafeOnline is a component of Prevx 3.0 but exists as a separate product as well (i.e. you can purchase SafeOnline without purchasing the rest of the Prevx protection).

20. PrevxHelp

Updates will be coming out automatically within the next few days but you can manually update with a new download from http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp

21. PrevxHelp

That's our goal :D

22. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

hello ! Once upgraded to cleaning+protection+safeonline(beta tester upgrade) will my license hold good for all three during the remaining time of my license? and even if i migrate to a new OS/System etc?

23. PrevxHelp

Yes :) If you have any problems transferring your license, please let me know and I'll move your license over.

24. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

ummm i think i'm okay;) i hope i'm right:D ...this is what safeonline configuration looks........

Attached Files:

25. Yagami Kira

Yagami Kira Registered Member

Hello..

New version is available in Brazilian language ?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.