Update to thread about Malware Threat Center Testing

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by tsherr, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsherr

tsherr Registered Member

Back on the tenth, in this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1521451 there was some discussion that NOD32 was always last in their testing. Well, it's actually more interesting than that. I monitored it over a couple of days, and not only is NOD32 always last, NOD32 always catches 9% of the samples. Yes, the date changes, and there is some extremely minor variances in some of the other AVs, but NOD32 is always 9%. So I'd be very leery of using this site's results when choosing an AV.

T

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

So if ESET detects just 9% of all threats how on earth can rank in tests performed by prestigious testers among the best AVs :eek: Even if you look at this statistical test based on VirusTotal submissions that contain tons of corrupt or otherwise non-functional files, where are those 9% for ESET? Or the recent tests performed by Andreas Clementi where ESET detected more than 97% of tested samples or ranked 3rd in proactive protection tests...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  3. tsherr

tsherr Registered Member

Precisely. I think this page is either biased, horribly wrong, or just posting BS. I'd ignore it. My personal experience disproves most of their ratings - and since I work on 5-8 computers per day that are infected, I see a lot of AVs in action.

T

4. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.