BitDefender 2010 released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by renegade08, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

The new product line of Bitdefender is released.
    Although is not yet on their web site you can get it.
    Let's hope it brings long waited improvments that people were waiting and that fixes all the bugs.

BitDefender Antivirus 2010 Final

32 bit

64bit

BitDefender Internet Security 2010 Final

32 bit

64bit

BitDefender Total Security 2010 Final

32 bit

64bit

2. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

Prepare your minidumps viewers

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

changelog?

4. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

"Maximum Speed"

Now from other "software": "Maximum Strength", "Maximum Armor" - which one? :D

5. thathagat

thathagat Guest

amen....i have about 290 days of my subscription of 2009 IS left will it work in 2010 ?

6. PnP

PnP Registered Member

Is it compatible with windows 7?

7. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

LOL. Very true. And very sad for all of us.

Changes (from what i can find) :
    Yes, i think that will work.

Yes.

8. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

any screenshots?

9. Edward_Stream

Edward_Stream Registered Member

10. Edward_Stream

It will work. They said that the license from 2009 will be good for 2010. but the license from 2010 won't work on 2009

11. afrodaesia

afrodaesia Registered Member

I'm an user of the 2009 version of Bitdefender and I'm satisfied with the product. But I haven't test it yet the 2010 version and I'm curious: is it any cooler?I know that it's suppose to have the same features, just improved(they say!).Did anyone test it on a Vista with 2GB of RAM?!?In the recommendation on the site they say I should have at least 1,5 GB of RAM.

I have a lot of high on resources programs installed on my computer(SQL Server 2008 for example!) and I just don't want to see my anti-virus crashing the computer. Is it worth it to upgrade to BitDefender 2010 version?Thanks!

12. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

The Website is now updated with the new product. I downloaded the User PDF files to see how it looks. It really has a new look to it. I might even give the trial version of spin if I get my courage up. I loved Bitdefender through version 7 then it went very buggy. We will see...:)

13. Rain_Train

Rain_Train Registered Member

Let's also hope BitDefender is so light as to be unnoticeable; i.e. "cloak engaged."

:p

14. mofox

mofox Registered Member

BitDefender has always been a top shelf choice.

Most of the people I know either use BitDefender or Kaspersky as both are light and don't hog your system memory :D

I havn't seen what Kaspersky's new version sports, but the new version of BD looks good.

15. icr

icr Registered Member

I think you haven't visited their forum and seen the reviews of the BD 09 product.
    Hope that BD 2010 is better than previous version.
    Good Luck BD:thumb:

16. virtumonde

If u search for Bugs they will appear :D .This looks better than 2009 considering that is the 1 st release.
    I only manged to see one bug till now,that was also present in 2009 on my PC,and only after a few tries between switching through modes -switching Ui to- .
    Nothing serious and so far ,after a few hours on my PC seems much ,stable than 2009 line.I didn't tested game mode at all.Will see...

17. thathagat

thathagat Guest

its no different or maybe its just my pc for after three tries and removing mbam real time and mamutu for it just would not start after asking to reboot i just about managed to get it to run then it did what 2009 version did :mad: well and i thought only leopards could not change their spots...

Attached Files:

18. bobmitch

bobmitch Registered Member

I have the 2010 installed on three systems...one 32 bit and two 64 bit Vista. So far, so good. No issues...BUT I recommend that you download the 2010 Uninstall tool, before installing the new version. I uninstalled 2009....ran the uninstaller and then rebooted and installed. Some of the older settings are hidden away, as opposed to the 2009...but still good! System resources seem the same for me...no major changes...

Bob

19. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

I tried the beta few months back, was buggy (or typically BD). IMO it would be better to let it float for a few days and then make the transition from 2009 to 2010.

20. TrojanHunter

TrojanHunter Registered Member

I was using Bitdefender Internet sercurity 2009 and I thought it was alright initially, but then it started being problematic. I even gave it a second chance last week on a new XP installation, but it couldn't display my subscription properly (Kept changing randomly) and as before the Bitdefender services kept disabling themselves. I uninstalled it yet again, but it left all kinds of files behind (Like Norton in the old days). I wouldn't touch their software again and I know from reading their forums that Bitdefender problems are quite common.

21. Stefan Kurtzhals

Stefan Kurtzhals AV Expert

Uhm, from my understanding of detection which BD is typically using, this detection method is already being used for more than 3 years by BD... Why is that new?

22. virtumonde

The name was changed ,Advanced Scanning Technology instead of Behaviour Scanner that's new probably :) ,and it seems to work ok now-in 2009 it disabled itself randomly without reasons .

23. Edward_Stream

from yesterday i start using a trial version of bitdefender. i chose the internet security version cause the total security it has some features i don't need. and i'm using the x64 version. i have vista x64 installed and it's works nice. from what i see. it seems to me that is a little more faster than 09. i think it doesn't consume that much resources.did someone tested on win7? i would be interested for a x64 version of win7

24. PnP

PnP Registered Member

sono problem of error in win7 ultimate rtm technet

25. virtumonde

Also can anyone who tried this and have Firefox+Greasemonkey tel if all the scripts are working?
    For me the 1st the scripts stopped working than greasemonkey itself stopped working .
    Removing the bitdefender toolbar and installing again got the addon to work,but i'm not totally sure if it was bitdefender responsable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.