Cant understand the events in the firewall log

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by rules_broken, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rules_broken

rules_broken Registered Member

hi der,
    i got this unusual events in my eset 4.0.437 firewall log . i dont know wht do they mean so if anyone knows abt this events plz explain me as well.my firewall version is 1050.

7/6/2009 12:03:57 AM Detected covert channel exploit in ICMP packet 60.243.72.132 217.195.25.70 ICMP
    7/4/2009 3:04:41 PM Incorrect IP packet checksum

2. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

KB ARTICLE

See above Kb article about this FW Log Warning on FW Ver 1047 and earlier.
    If that's not related to your entries, I'm sure someone will come along to help.

3. rules_broken

rules_broken Registered Member

hey above KB article is related to 1047 or earlier versions .but thx anyway.

4. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

I thought I had read that some FW Versions were not updating correctly as they were introduced so I wondered if you had the latest ESS Ver but (somehow) an older FW Ver. Good Luck.

5. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

"hi der,
    i got this unusual events in my eset 4.0.437 firewall log . i dont know wht do they mean so if anyone knows abt this events plz explain me as well.my firewall version is 1050
    ."

I too have 1050 and am still experiencing the same exact problem as you. I am getting 2 messages in my firewall logs that do NOT comply with the KB.

Is it a very minor bug that I should not worry about at all and ignore totally or should I annoy them with a customer support ticket? I'm sure they must know it's going on. I just don't know what I should do. Could use some advice to put the matter to rest entirely.

Here are the 2 messages (I don't even know what they mean truth be told - looked it up and all Greek to me):

a) Incorrect TCP packet checksum

b) Incorrect IP packet checksum

Thank you in advance. You guys are the greatest. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.