ess v5 !!! ;D

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by a3_alin, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a3_alin

a3_alin Registered Member

ess v5 !!! :D
    I think... we need it!!!
    :D

2. Temp Member

Temp Member Registered Member

I said the same months ago.

Do what Lavasoft did with version 7.0, admit it was a POS and move on. :cool:

3. a3_alin

a3_alin Registered Member

;)....

4. patch

patch Registered Member

No so sure given they have functionally only just got to a release candidate stage with V4

That will depend on if they learn from this experience or just continue to try and cover it up.

Unfortunately I am not at all confident they will learn so expect them to make the same mistake again next time.

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Unless another company takes over nod32, I doubt it. Been using nod for about 10 years, and the motivation behind making the product has quite obviously changed as it's got so popular. That being said, a lot of products start to look less appealing when they become popular.

I blame business though, so many business networks buying, ESET starts getting rich, motivation changes. The most obvious and notable recent event is as you've stated, version 4. v4 was rushed out to release for the CeBit marketing event when it was still in beta 1, ofcourse they tried to cover that up by releasing a RC close to the event, but the fact that the release version was beta 1 code kinda buggered them there.

I've recently been switching 14.5 networks away from ESET, but I doubt I'll manage to tear away completely and leave 1 network on it to see how they go. I'll look forward to checking out v5 when it's out.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

It's good to remember that not all users are having problems at this point.

Since a specific support question wasn't posted in this thread, it is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.