Mamutu on BDJ 8th June $8.69

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by chris1341, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

3. demonon

demonon Guest

Incredibly bargain, I have to get this one!
    Thanks allot, Chris.

4. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

I see that Mamutu is sold in 1 year, 2, year, and 3 year licences, yet it does not seem to employ signature updates. So, does a Mamutu installation continue to be effective after the licence expires?

5. ola nordmann

ola nordmann Registered Member

Even though it doesn't use signatures like an AV, it still updates every now and then. Also there is a sort of "community" feature where Mamutu can question their server whether a program is safe or not. This is done to minimize popups.

But I have another question: Does Mamutu run on 64-bits Windows Vista or 7? Or will it be able to do so in the near future?

6. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

I believe it stops running after your license expires. It pops up a nag screen one month before it expires. They make changes to the software rules and add new features underneath the surface.

Version 1.7.0.27 - 1/28/2009 for Windows XP, 2003/2008 Server and Vista, not running on x64

A-Squared Anti-Malware - limited functionality on x64

7. JCorliss

JCorliss Registered Member

I did this last year and love it. Great behavioral blocker and very light also. Be careful, though. I believe you have to "cancel" otherwise it automatically renews. If I remember you can do it right away as you register.

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

It would be nice to know what A2's plans are for Mamutu. Windows 7 (32 bit) compatibility is an important consideration for me. Also, I'm hoping it's possible to take advantage of this deal and save the license since I would not want to start using Mamutu immediately (?)

9. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

That link reveals a price of $7.83 today.
    Either way, that's a fantastic deal!

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Not a bad deal at that. :thumb:

11. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

LoneWolf, were you previously running Mamutu and DefenseWall, no problems? :)

You might have had Mamutu with another combination.

Anyway, A-Squared and DefenseWall runs fine, but I'll have to pick a couple of these up for friends. :thumb:

12. LoneWolf

Nope, no problems that I can remember. (although my memory ain't what it used to be)
    Fixin on tring DW with A2 again. Now with what for a FW o_O
    That i'll take some more thinking. May just run the two with XP FW on as well as my hardware FW.

13. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I'm thinking of going Mamutu (as it's very light), DefenseWall and using a couple of on-demand scanners, such as a-squared free on-demand (uses virtually no resources).

As using DefenseWall, downloads are practically 'harmless' until you scan and decide to remove. Mamutu would come in handy to protect downloads that are installed as trusted.

If you're trying a-squared AM, disabling surf protection made browsing slightly quicker, (but once again, your browser is already covered in DW). Personally I think a-squared AM can be used on its own.

You sound like me though, too many programs up your sleeve to use. I might have to start giving a few away to family and friends. ha ;)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  14. darthsideous666

darthsideous666 Registered Member

This might be just what I need to replace my outgoing Primary Response SafeConnect! Hey LoneWolf, once Ilya gets the outbound protection configured for Defensewall that should take care of your firewall issue!

ds

15. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

We're currently working on x64 support. It should be ready before end of 2009.

The license starts immediately with purchase date.

Mamutu is sold as subscription. That means there will be an auto rebilling when the license ends. But you can cancel it whenever you want. No required minimum period. Cancel link is included on the order confirmation page as well as on the order confirmation email. So you can stop the rebilling right after purchase is done to make it working like any other annual paid product.

16. Less

Less Registered Member

nice product

17. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks for the information. When you say you're working on x64 support do you mean in Vista? Can you clarify the plan for Windows 7, which by the way should be available retail in October.

18. LoneWolf

Yes it should.
    Looking forward to that day.

19. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I am running aSquared on one of my pc and vaguely remember that it included Mamuta? Can someone please clarify if Mamutu is a component of ASquared which also can be purchased as a stand-alone behavioural blocker and if there is any overlap to ASquared?

20. LoneWolf

Yes it is.
    That would be the IDS in A-squared.

21. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

thansk Lonewolf - I thought so but was not sure anymore.

22. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

We used to have a few discussions about Mamutu, but seems like firewalls with HIPS have replaced most single use applications. A lot of people use Defensewall or Sandboxie for browser protection for example. Some say limited user accounts and Windows Defender and a simple firewall is fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.