Ramdisk.dat and Invalid Password Errors in Echo Workstation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Marpost, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marpost

Marpost Registered Member

This came up at the end of another thread, but I think it's a separate issue so I wanted to start a new thread.

After uninstalling and reinstalling Echo Workstation, everything is working well with it. No actual problems at all that I can see. Backups work. Restores work.

Yet I keep getting two error messages in my Echo Workstation log:

1) Many instances of Information module 70, code 5(0x460005) which says "File or folder 'ramdisk.dat' not found."

2) Every time I open up and explore an image (not mount, but just click directly on it on the drive), the Echo Workstation log says Error Module 53 Code 21 (0x350015) Invalid Password. This is especially odd since I am using the correct password. The images are all encrypted. I use the proper password and they open fine.

So in all cases, this is very odd because the program seems to be working absolutely fine. I'm tempted to just ignore these codes in the log as some kind of odd side effect. I mean it's telling me wrong password when the password is obviously correct and the file opened? But I would rather figure out what is going on with them if possible.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marpost,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

To give the issue a closer investigation please create an e-mail request to Acronis Customer Central, Acronis Advantage — Support options are available here

Describe the program behavior in some words and attach the log file to your message.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. Marpost

Oleg,

Thanks. I already had opened a support case about this. It's case #00159105 and I simply pointed them right to this thread because I already explain what's going on here.

I've attached a log with an example of each error. I get the invalid password errors every single time I open an image directly by simply clicking on the .tib file. The images are encrypted and I type in the correct password and it works fine, yet I still get this error in Echo Workstation's log saying invalid password. I'd just ignore them since they clearly are wrong, but I'm curious if there is a way to get rid of them.

The other log shows the "File or folder 'ramdisk.dat' not found." messages I get often. Again, no apparently problem in any functioning, but just curious why I'm getting these and if they can be gotten rid of.

Let me know if you need any more information or files from me to help. Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. Acronis Support

Hello Marpost,

Thank you for taking time to contact us.

I have sent an e-mail to you, please attach one more file to your response.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. Marpost

Oleg,

I emailed you the file. Please email me back. Thank you.

6. Acronis Support

Hello Marpost,

Thank you for the provided information, I have received the e-mail.

The request has been forwarded to Tier 2, we will try to reproduce the issue.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.