EAV v.4 - Rescue CD ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by tommygun, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommygun

tommygun Registered Member

Hi.

I tried to create an ISO with the Rescue CD feature and it said that Windows AIK isn't installed on my system which is Windows Vista SP1.

Apparently the download for Windows AIK is over 1.3 GB so I skipped it for the time being because I'm on a dial up connection at the momemt.

Is there no way to create a Rescue CD without having Windows AIK installed?

By the way, what exactly does the Rescue CD if one is created successfully?

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello ,

You will need Windows AIK to run SysRescue. Our directions for ESET SysRescue are here: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2103

The following is the product summary of what ESET SysRescue is:

ESET SysRescue (ESR) is a utility which enables you to create a bootable disk containing ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 (EAV). The main advantage of ESET Recovery CD is that EAV runs independent of the host operating system, while it has direct access to the disk and the entire file system. This makes it possible to remove those infiltrations that normally could not be deleted, e.g., when the operating system is running, etc.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. tommygun

tommygun Registered Member

.......thanks for the reply.

I'll check it out as soon as I'm on fast connection again.

Right now 1.3 GB on a dial up connection would take ages.

Thanks again very much.......

4. Cosmo 203

Cosmo 203 Registered Member

The AIK solution is in many cases unacceptable, see this thread about the whole story and a doable solution. Don't miss my post from today with a link to a quote by Marcos which makes clear, that ESET knows, that there a customers with technical limitations (RAM, connection speed), who will not be able to use this feature.

It is a shame, that ESET knows, that there numerous customers who cannot use the paid feature, but ESET does not use the given solution! The last official(?) word about that from Feb 27th: It's being investigated.

5. CrunchieBite

CrunchieBite Guest

Ignoring the AIK issue for a minute, it really would be nice for Eset to actually take a look at some of the issues reported so far with the rescue discs and provide some feedback. The Rescue Disk is a feature that has a lot of uses but, some very odd "features" at present!

~M

6. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Oh trust me they know you want other solutions and they will integrate them, but that didn't qualify for holding the release back. nod32 dev never stops so I can guarantee you (infact Marcos mentioned it somewhere last year) that more will be supported in due time.

A lot of the features in v4 are from user forum input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.