Is this like FD-ISR (Classic)?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by bgoodman4, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

A link to a program called icore was just posted by PROROOTECT. It seems to me this is very similar to the original FD-ISR. Is this correct? Also, does anyone know if this program is freeware? I cannot find a price for it anywhere on the linked to website. Info about the program may be found here http://icoresoftware.com/index.html

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. bgoodman4

Thank you very much.

4. raakii

raakii Registered Member

I didnt find as good as fd-isr(fd-isr is far better) , comparable to any lite virtualisation software but its very slow .

5. bgoodman4

Thanks for the comment raaki, please correct me if I am wrong but most of the virtualization software I have looked at will not maintain the virtual systems after reboot. Also, this is the first program that I have found that will allow multiple virtual systems to be maintained on the same PC> I know the original FD-ISR would allow this but the current version of FD will not. Thats why i asked if this program was similar.

Could you point out currently available programs that will allow for this that are better than icore? Thanks.

PSL I have Returnil and RollBack Rx

6. raakii

raakii Registered Member

Yes u have options with fd-isr , rollback rx and icore which allow multiple virtual systems, pls stick to rollback rx(as it fastest of all and ) as u dont have fd-isr.Icore new version will be out soon , try it after it is released.

Among lite virtualization that allow reboot session.
    U may try shadowuser for testing.I am waiting for stable Comodo Timemachine to be released.

7. bgoodman4

As I understand it RollBack is not really designed for this but i can see how you can use it in this manner. RB is primarily a rollback type system as opposed to a multi system or as icore calls it virtual account type program. That is it will let you quickly revert your system as opposed to switching to a different system. Since I have no experience with the original FD-ISR it is only by extension that I think icore is similar. The current FD-ISR is definitely not a program of this sort. I will take a look at Comodo Timemachine but again from the name it sounds like a rollback type program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.