vista health report

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by stratoc, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

hi, this problem, if it is a problem, seems to be owned by a couple of antivirus's and i think it's a vista problem.
    v3 does not have the occurance.
    security center show all well antivirus up to date etc, but when you run the generate a health report from vista it states no anti spyware or anti virus is found?
    just thought i would mention it, as my v4 also does this.
    thanks.
    http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/202136-no-av-installed-vista-perfmon-exe-bug.html

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

after re- reading the link in my own post, which has been updated, it looks like a bug in the av installer and not a vista problem.

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

does anyone know if there is a manual fix for this? is it still working to it's full potential? is it simply a reporting error?
    sorry for the questions but i cannot work out why certain programs do this?
    many thanks.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I would suggest using the Windows Security Center to verify the installation of the software or attempting to download the EICAR test file for the time being.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

is this still in the final release?

6. stratoc

stratoc Guest

no it isnt, also found browsing rather slow, tried to redownload v3 gave up after 42% @40 minutes, definitions don't update, bit of a mess all round really.

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

There were quite a few downloads during the first 24-48 hours after the release. Additional bandwidth and servers are being brought online and now you should not have any trouble downloading.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.