Micropoint Proactive Defense System

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Victek, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I read an older thread about MPDS here, but I didn't see system requirements and can't find anything on the web site. Is anyone currently using it? Does it support 32 bit Vista? Could someone post some screenshots? i downloaded the english version, but I want to find out more before I try to install it. Thanks!

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i am thinking of trying this one :D but not sure how well it works along other softwares:)

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

#1 How do the micropoint kill the virus?

Mainly guaranteed by the verdict of the dynamic simulation anti-virus expert system, and integrated with the characteristic code verdict technique as an assistant, Micropoint Proactive Defense Software can monitor the behavior of all the system processes at Realtime, besides, find and intercept the known and the unknown harmful program.

Please delete the virus when the alarming windows pop-up directly, it don't need any manually operations in the antivirus process.

proactive defense expert

2008-8-11 17:48 Profile Pm

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Protect registry item
    After choosing the registry item to be protected in the Registry protection list, single click Protect button to complete the protection of selected item, at that time the Protection status of the registry item will be displayed as Protected, for the registry item set as protected, Micropoint Proactive Defense Software will pop up alarm information to hold back the modification while such item is being modified by other programs

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

#1 Can micropoint catch and clean the Rootkit trojan?

Micropoint use the behavior analyzes technique to monitor the running program and it can analyze the source file (the Trojan and the rootkit driver) automatically when micropoint found the Trojan file is protected by rookit.

The priority of rootkit Trojan is high, so some softwares can't clean it totally, the kernel of the micropoint embedded into the system kernel can loaded quickly than other program when the system started, it can surely clean the rookit and other virus program which has been protected by rootkit.

proactive defense expert

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

look at his very important:

#1 Stability of Micropoint

I know that MicroPoint is still in beta and I was thinking about giving it a spin and have a few questions.

1. Any know issues with the current beta that I should know about before installing it?

2. If the install goes bad, is there a removal tool around?

3. Are there any issues using MicroPoint with any of the following programs: Shadow Defender, Sandboxie, Defensewall, and Threatfire ?
    4. Any idea when it will come out of beta?

5. Besides this forum is there a way reach support and submit bug reports? The "contact us" on www.micropoint.cn doesn't seem to work.

2008-7-15 13:19 Profile Email Pm Edit

micropoint
    administrator

Admin

Credit 22
    Totalpost 7
    Registered 2005-5-12

1.The chinese version of the micropoint proactive on sale successfully on June 25,2008.The english version is in beta testing program now.please wait till the official news in time on www.micropoint.cn.

2.Please use the uninstall program of the micropoint proactive defense software.if not,please contact with support@micropoint.cn

3.No issues between the following programs currently: Shadow Defender, Sandboxie, Defensewall, and Threatfire.Known programs which have the issues are the following programs at current:avp v5.0.237,the version of McAfee prior to 9.0,Outpost Firewall, F-Secure Client 6.01 enterprise version,F-Secure Client 6.02 enterprise version,F-Secure 2007,F-Secure 7.01,and Unlocker.we suggest the users better install one security software with one computers to avoid the unnecessary programs.

4.You can continue to use micropoint proactive defense software after the ending day of the beta version.Micropoint corporation will inform the users on www.micropoint.cn before the english version on sale.

5.If you have any questions about micropoint proactive defense software, please contact with support@micropoint.cn for help!

Thanks for the encouragements and supports to micropoint proactive defense software!

proactive defense expert

7. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

I have trailed micropoint, at least a year ago. At that time it was as effective as ThreatFire

Practise
    a) uninstall all other security programs
    b) create a restore point and image backup
    c) install
    d) allow all the programs it lists as suspicious (more or less same procedure as with Online Armor)
    e) it suffered some false positives
    f) it looks like FW at install, it looks like it works somewhere between behavior analysis and attack pattern analising of resources which could be potentially breached, it has a mixed kind of feeling when using it (seems like antivirus, acts like behavior blocker when using and a FW/HIPS when installing)

Ran fine on XP SP2, fast.

The false positives made sense, this were all programs which tried to embed deep in the system or changed critical settings.

Cheers

8. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Yes, Micropoint,behavior blocker ... Funny: 57 MB on HD, heavy artillery. May, 2008 on my Windows ( approximately 10 minutes ), v1.2.10573.1 ... Chinese. Information: current serial number is beta, duration of service is 90 days.

After uninstall you have still 3.10 MB ( 3188 KB ) on Program Files ...

Thanks for your attention,

PROROO

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks for info kees:thumb:

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

by own experience do you really recomend it or not?thanks:thumb:

11. mark_home

mark_home Registered Member

I have used the software.You dont need to configure the software and it works efficiently,it has a simple firewall and have five default rules inside ,you can choose from them or write by your own.
    compared to other antivirus software ,micropoint takes smaller cpu rates

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks i may tried it,and what about the antivirus?is it with black list database?or behabiour?

13. mark_home

mark_home Registered Member

As I heard of,it is with a small black list but it mainly uses behavior to estimate the files

14. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

ok it is like proactive then:D

15. PROROOTECT

Yes Jmonge: 'Prevention is better than the cure'.

Look: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=226796&page=4&highlight=micropoint
    ... and: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=117639&page=10&highlight=micropoint
    ... and: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=219647&highlight=micropoint
    ... and: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=204115&highlight=micropoint

Micropoint: 5 ( five ) Processes in Task Manager:
    MPMon.exe 848 KB; MPMain.exe 10044 KB; MPSVC1.exe 1028 KB; MPSVC2.exe 9436 KB; MPSVC.exe 724 KB.

And this: 'Micropoint is unstable'.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

16. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

5 prcesess runing wooooo that's alot:)thanks for the info,i'll think twice about testing this one:)

17. PROROOTECT

Finally I became comprehensible!:argh:

18. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks for saving my soul:)

19. resttst

resttst Registered Member

I'm from China,and I have used the simplified chinese version from August last year.And i'd like to say,as a reply to the comment above sounds like a complaint:) ,although Micropoint has five processes,the total cpu rates it's processes take isn't too big compared with other kind of security sofewares ,at least with those selled in China I've used before.
    it uses two steps to anti virus,the first,when you open a folder,or copy,delete a folder or file,Micropoint will scan them automatically just like many secruity softwares,and then,if unfortunately some harmful procedures escape from it's scan,when you double click it to run the procedure,Micropoint will use it proactive defense system to protect your copmuter.for example,a Thief wearing a policeman's clothes may enter some area easily,but if he begins to steal,he'll be arrested.
    The best point i like is it's advanced working method, (or just advanced within China,maybe there was the security software using the same method as it to anti-virus many years ago,fogive me,i'm just a novice:D ) a defense system that can be described as an more Intelligent HIPS,which judge a procedure as a trojan or other harmful procedure on the basis of analysing the series of activities the procedure takes rather than simply analyse an individual behavior .
    just like a friend above said ,because it's english version is still at beta, it maybe unstable,actually,stablity also is Micropoint's simplyfied chinese version's focus in the future,but,I'd like to say,in my opinion,it has become and is becoming better and better continually.
    and for the comment about it's english version's The main interface's grammar problem,:D ,that will be concerned with the China english education,you will also find a lot of grammar's fault in my comment :D
    if some friends find the grammar's problem in Micropoint's interface,please contact with Micropoint via it's authority email,:) I,a fan of Micropoint,here thanks in advance.
    :D welcome to try and use the good security software from China.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.