ATI 10 Personal

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by david banner, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david banner

david banner Registered Member

I saw ATI 10 Personal on a uk magazine. As far as i know it is compatible with vista. Has anyone had this. Can one create there a boot disk? Is there any limitation is should know of?

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

It's an old version -- one of the most stable that Acronis has produced but it lacks the drivers of the boot cd needed to work on some modern hardware. But if it works on your PC, it's the most reliable version to use. YOu can make a Bootcd with the porgram; you'll need one to restroe a drive if your hdisk goes south and has to be replaced.

I still use ver 10, having tried and rejected the dreaded ATI 11 and the "sad sack" ATI 12/2009.

3. david banner

Hi shieber, Thanks for your reply
    I have sony vaio nr11z/s 2 gig ram core 2 duo T7250 2.0ghz. That be ok?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  4. shieber

Only way to know is to try it. there are so many diff hardware combos out there -- even the same model from a pc maker can use diff parts/diff BIOS/etc. When an ATI versin is current, you can try it for free. Unfortunately, old versions cannot be gotten for free trials.

5. david banner

:) Thanks
    Edit: Got it and have created the bootable disk no problem. I am not sure if the acronis TrueImageMonitor.exe needs to run at start up though.? I ended it in winpatrol but it came back. i looked at saw there is also acronisscheduler2 and acronistimounter monitor. Do all these need to run at start up? Or is that only if i want to schedule back ups?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  6. Gianni

Gianni Registered Member

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello david banner,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

"TrueImageMonitor.exe” - Acronis True Image Monitor. This program provides the interface between running Acronis True Image tasks and the user. It allows to observe the tasks progress and cancel the running tasks. It is started when a user logs into the system and terminates when the user logs off. This program is not required by Acronis True Image to perform its tasks, and can be terminated if you think it occupies too much memory, but you will loose the ability to control running Acronis True Image tasks.

The special TimounterMonitor.exe process monitors the mounted images and constantly checks if there is enough space on the storage to save all the changes made to the sectors of the mounted image.

Schedhlp is executed as a separate process for any logon, works till logoff and notifies Scheduler service about logon and logoff events.

Acronis Scheduler consists of two parts: service and helper.

Service is executed on starting Windows and works till shutdown.

Helper is executed as a separate process for any logon, works till logoff and notifies Scheduler service about logon and logoff events. Without helper it is impossible to run interactive tasks, tasks without user and password information (such as the Create Image operation in Acronis True Image) and to schedule any tasks on logon/logoff/shutdown events.

The scheduling files are:

* \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
    * \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe

All Acronis resident modules uses very little amount of physical memory in normal state (when no imaging or other task is performed) since operating system swaps them off to the swap file on the hard disk. Disabling of these services with Acronis True Image installed may cause some issues with the correct working of the program and of the system.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

8. david banner

Thanks forthat i have reinstated them through winpatrol to run at start :)

9. shieber

Of course, none of those windows services need to be running is you are using the bootCD. It runs it's own instance of an operating system (linux).

10. david banner

Now I am confused:eek:

My original question was do they have to be running all the time i.e starting everyday when the pc starts? Or only when I do a backup?

By this do you mean when i would be trying to rescue a crashed system? Thanks

11. david banner

I still do not understand if the program has to run at start up of PC. I do not want to scheule back ups. i want to do a back up to an external disk and then do incremental backups when i chose so do not need the schedule.

my issue is like https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1336724

I have made the boot cd

12. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If you're not doing scheduled backups, you can disable the three items True Image puts into your StartUp. And, if fact, if you prefer to use the boot CD to do those Backups and Restores you don't have to have the software on your computer.

13. david banner

Thanks for that - much appreciated;)
    I don't understand that, I had to have the software on the pc to make the boot cd, or do you mean the ones that come with a boot cd

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  14. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello david banner,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 10.0 Personal

Acronis True image 10.0 Personal doesn’t support the following:

- Applications Settings backup
    - E-mail backup
    - System restore
    - Incremental/differential backup
    - Log view
    - Backup Locations
    - File backup
    - Disk cloning

You can create Acronis bootable disc by means of Media Builder. Acronis True Image 10.0 Personal can be installed on Windows Vista.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.