IE6 Throbber Maker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by EASTER, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Once upon a time i found a program on the net that would take any picture like jpg, bmp, etc. and convert it automatically to the long and short sizes where you could use them as a substitute throbber instead of the old flag in IE.

I've hunted high and low on Google with no luck and i was afraid those old apps would vanish or be left on some server on the moon.

Does anyone have any idea if this app is still available anyplace or do you still have it on your old Windows 98 that you could share maybe.

The pain that it is, i don't mind modifying shell32.dll where those lines are located that change that throbber provided the dimensions are exactly as required.

Thats all

Thanks, EASTER

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

EASTER, the only one that came to mind was BitStrip (no, I don't have it anymore) and it used to be available from SnapFiles but as you will soon see, it's no longer available. Follow the link to other Imaging Tools found there and see what you can find. I wonder if IcoFX would help you do it.

While hunting for BitStrip, I found Make Your Own Throbber using MS Paint and you probably already know that TweakUI can be used to insert the throbber via the Internet Explorer setting > Small and Large Animation.

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

You win top prize JRViejo for the mere metion of that app because i know i still have it tucked away in one of my hard drives.

THANKS

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Glad to be of help, EASTER! :)

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

For those who prefer old IE6 and customize ther spinning flag to something more fancy, here is the website & link to make those changes.

WORKS LIKE A CHARM! I now have passing stars and a spinning box among some of these cool customizations for IE thanks to this little freeware app from Win 98.

http://www.devicode.com/freeware/iemate.htm

EASTER

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Wow, you found it; THANK YOU EASTER! :D

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

The STARS were in my favor luckily JRViejo because Google offered absolutely nothing in my hours long search.

So i did what i always done in the past when encountering closed doors (sites), went purely on instinct and landed the Jewell thank goodness.

Now even my IE 6 throbber animation box is much larger thanks to IEMate and BitStrip is the catalyst that will form the most exciting animations you want to choose all simply from a simple .gif file.

I done this is Win 98 a long time ago and have missed it badly. A more attractive IE makes for a better GUI and adds a little zest in artistic satisfaction. LoL

Thank You so much for giving me the motivation to make the effort. It's well worth it as you can see.

EASTER

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

You're welcome and yes it is! :)

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Makes Vista's IE7 look like a juvenile kids toy :D

11. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

12. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Try this one also for good measure too. Knocks the socks off anything Vista would ever offer us.

http://www.clonesoft.com/shellicons/index.htm

Thanks for your link too. Another fashion for IE6 springs eternal again! Dare them use the term obsolete, they don't possess the proper skills to really enhance these so-called enhancements. They are only O/S intenal makers and not artistic at all.

EASTER!

THIS IS THE 21st CENTURY

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  13. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Thanks for trying but just like everything else Microsoft it puked out and tried to access the internet dozens of time even though i allowed it, it hung up and stalled like a lame horse.

They just aren't intelligent enough to hire adequate computer engineers to carry out what should be the simplest installs.

Case Closed! FIREFOX has it all over them! Opera too for that matter, They should just sell their business to Google or Intel or one of them because their track record is dismal at best on the littlest items which shouldn't be that freakin bugged out.

EASTER

14. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

:eek: Aww hell. Thought I may have had me a winner. :( Thanks for the heads up Easter.

15. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Don't worry, it's always worth a try. Thanks

Right now i couldn't be more pleased to finally get a decent IE animation running again and a whole many more waiting in the wings.

EASTER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.