v4 Too Many "Can't Find Servers"

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by COSMO26, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

EDIT #3: I'll see you in Feb 09. Can't Find Servers have worn me out again and I have no way to research the issue. Good luck to all. V3 humming along.

EDIT #2: Still much better but I do run into Can't Find Servers at times and if I wait a little, it starts working again. Log All Blocks doesn't show anything for the time period I'm Clking to access a common, OK site I attempt to visit.

EDIT: 11/21/08 I Re-installed v4 and am NOT Experiencing the problems I did on the first install. Pages seem to load FASTER.....Great!

XP Media Ctr - SP3::: v4 All Default Automatic FW :: I Re-installed v3 as I continually had "Can't Find Server" Time-outs....Did Re-boots & Reset modem-Power Off/Bk On which often fixes such an issue but Problem persisted.....v3 Working Flawlessly as it always has ...

FWIW: When I first had the time-outs I went to the FW module in Adv Setup tree where you can Disable the FW & did Disable / Related or not? I got a "Firefox is Offline" when I tried to access Web with FW OFF - Found you have to Re-boot computer to re-activate the FW...Got a "couldn't Re-Load FW error" on 1st re-boot and it DID Load on 2nd Re-boot.......FYI

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.