Comodo Leak Tested Suite Updated!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by 3xist, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3xist

3xist Guest

See here guys (Reply #102).

Pls remember for those running CIS, Make sure it's in Proactive Security Configuration, And off course everyone here has other Security Apps - Pls make sure you have a good HIPS and it's at full strength, and you block it's Alerts.

Hope this version fixes the false Alerts and helps Vendors keep there customers Safe! Goodluck Guys. :)

2. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

I no longer pass the ExplorerAsParent test with this new version. Any idea why?

3. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi All

When I tried the fisrt version of Comodo CLT I achieved 320 out of 340

With the new version, I get 30 0ut of 340

I try the old version again, same results. I try the new version again. Same results

Not very confidence inspiring is it?

Come on Comodo.

Better to do nothing if the something is as bad as this

Terry

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

With the first version of CLT I achieved 20 out of 330 :gack:. I have been testing with Windows XP firewall:same result; no firewall:same result Different Firewall Security levels and different Different Defence+ Security levels; uninstalled comodo firewall 3.5.54375.427 and re installed it:same result. I hope the new version of CLT gives higher results than 20/330. BTW I am using XP Home SP3

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  5. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

I tested it with the following results:

Test 1.
    Gdata AV 2009 max security settings
    Outpost FW pro 2009
    UAC off

Result = 270

Test 2:
    Avira Antivir Premium settings max security
    Comodo FW 3.5 Paranoid mode and custom policy
    UAC off

Result = 200

PS: At first i was asked about clt could change something and i answered NO and BLOCK. What happend then was that CLT.EXE (testfile) would not start. I got the message that it had no permission to run and was not a valid file. After removing it from my blocked files and setting firewall to clean pc and defence+ to safe mode it scored 200 after i had blocked every singel question that popped up.

I guess thats very good from comodo not even letting the test file start! I like that! With outpost pro i also put into the maximum security setting, but i did not block CLT.EXE from running like comodo did. It blocked most of the test and scored 270.

I personally prefer outpost over comodo because when you have paranoid status on and custom policy on, you will get a heck of a lot of questions all the way about everything on your computer. This drives me crazy. So i will stay with my outpost even if you can tweak comodo to whatever it takes. (And yes i put alert settings to low!)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  6. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

Any idea why I passed with old version and fail with the new?

7. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

I get the exact same results, 330/340, with this new test using Malware Defender and Jetico 2 (Process Attack filter disabled) combined.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2008
  8. chromiumdomium

chromiumdomium Registered Member

Hi,

Just tested ESS v3 Running as Admin and get a frightening 10/340. The firewall is set as interactive, so it should ask questions. I only got asked twice and I denied on both occasions.

I then tested running as a limited user account and got a more creditable 260/340. Still only 2 questions asked!

I'm running under WinXP SP3. fully patched (as far as I know). ESS is the only security app. on the PC. I will be testing KIS2009 (which I have on a laptop) later on to see how that fairs.

I'm worried that switching to a limited user account is more effective than the security solution I have in place! :doubt:

Regards,

Greg

9. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

I uninstalled all my security software and installed comodo FW 3.5, Avira antivir premium and Mamutu 1.7. I had comodo in paraniod mode and defense+ settings to max. Not to bad?:D

Only thing was that my finger is red after all the pop up!!

Attached Files:

10. hammerman

hammerman Registered Member

What scores did Comodo and Mamutu achieve on their own?

11. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

I havent tried them singlehanded. I have them on together. But i can give it a go and post the results after i have tried.!

12. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Well, it seems like i have to uninstall both first and then install one of them, do the test, uninstall again, install the other one and do the test. Because i tried the test just by shuting them down and only have the application i was testing open. And i scored max on both. Even when i had both closed down i scored max.

So it seems like there are some hidden processes remembering my settings and blocking the test.

So if you dont have anyone of them installed, why not give it a go. I have hade many many pop ups from comodo and i dont think i would restart it again!

13. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

my Mamutu got somewhere between 10-30 when i had no firewall installed.

14. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

What did you get with PC Tools Firewall 5?

15. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

160/340 here (with ESV enabled)...

16. tsec

tsec Registered Member

20/340 with BD TS2009 and Malware Defender.

:(

17. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Anyone test ZA Pro yet? And can we get the download from the same link as the previous CLT download?

18. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  19. qpok

qpok Registered Member

240/340 with Outpost Security Suite (Host Protection @ Maximum) & A-Squared Anti-Malware (Paranoid Mode). UAC on and CLT run with administrative rights.

As a worker from Agnitum has commented the performance of OFP in Matousec fw challenge, it would ofc be nice to see similar commentary about the Comodo Leak Test.

20. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

340/340 with CIS (Proactive security setting). FW - safe mode, D+ - Clean PC mode and AV on.

Ice

21. Juha L

Juha L Registered Member

270/340 with Online Armor Free 3.0.0.190 in Vista.

I wonder what would be the most user friendly combination of softwares to get 340/340. I´ve used Comodo with D+, and it was a pop-up fest...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  22. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

In comodo firewall behavior settings i found a slider to reduce alerts. It worked for me. For the test i had paranoid modus and custom policy, but comodo seems to remember the settings you had for this test, so after the first run you can turn it back to clean pc mode and you will have very few pop ups!

(In paranoid mode you gonna work for the result!!:D )

Attached Files:

23. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

i run the actual firewall part of PC tools firewall and disable the enhanced Security Verification (HIPS). with purely the firewall part i get 60/340.

i believe a firewall should be exactly as it names says, a "Firewall".

and with JUST Mamutu in paranoid mode i get 10/340. but then again Mamutu is meant to block bad behavior not leak tests.

24. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

admin account- Vista Premium w/ UAC enabled
    ZoneAlarm Pro 8.0.059.000 w/ Program Control set to high
    scores a 220/340

25. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Would you run it with the HIPS just for me? :) I just want to see how it compares that's all really :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.