Introducing, The New Prevx Edge.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by trjam, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retadpuss

Retadpuss Suspended Member

I dont know if this applies to all versions of Windows, but, with Vista and 7, when you first come to tranfer a file via Windows Live Messenger, you are propmted to select an AV to scan the file. I selected the Prevx exe, but I get the message that the file was not scanned from Windows at the end of transfer.

Do I need to set command line switches or something?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We currently don't support the method which MSN uses but we're going to add this support soon :)

3. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

I still have issues with my delphi/moleboxed programs.
    Whenever I compile and molebox a new exe, it gets triggered once. So I cannot test it. But when starting it for the 2nd. time, it runs without issue. This is driving me nuts.

4. PrevxHelp

If you're just looking to test the exes, just ignore the folder (Settings > Detection Overrides). I doubt there is anything we can do about the heuristics on molebox'd/PECompact2'd exes unless you sign the exe or not use the packers.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I am now a paying customer to Prevx with my first family license. Taking the whole family out to Burger King to celebrate.:cautious:

6. Retadpuss

Welcome to "The Borg Collective" - think about it - thats how it works!

7. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Its a Whopper, and getting bigger with every build! ;)

8. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

OK, I'll say it, a la Hugh, giving the 3rd variation, in the 1992 STNG epsiode "I, Borg":

"...You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.":p

9. Retadpuss

its the fact they are all linked. If one Borg is attacked in a particular way, it is communicated to them all and they adapt and thereafter, all Borg are immune to that attack.

(so long as they have an internet connection.....):D

10. Retadpuss

Ahem.... on a more serious note, I would like to know, how many Prevx users are there worldwide (rough number) - just interested to know how big the network is so to speak.

Cheers,

Puss

11. PrevxHelp

Last I heard (which was from a few months ago) we had around 5 million users and we're growing faster now than ever :)

12. softtouch

I am currently in contact with comodo for a code signing certificate, but its not easy to get one with all their requirements...

But beside that, I just don't understand why prevx flag it only at the first start, and after not anymore? Its like it think its bad, flag it, and after that check it only...

13. benton4

benton4 Registered Member

Ok, I'll start...1 :D

14. PrevxHelp

The first warning comes before any data is seen about the program (all the information that we have is only related to the physical file) so it appears suspicious because of the obfuscation you are using. After having been run, more data would have been collected which can help classify it further.

15. softtouch

Ok, that sound plausible, but what can I do about it? The same will happen on my clients pc's, and they will punish me because of that...

I HAVE to use molebox to bundle a dll and other files which should not be on the harddisk, so the user has no access to it.

Pecompact2 is used to reduce the size of the executable.

Both molebox and pecompact2 (beside UPX) are legitimate software, and nothing is wrong with them. Even NOD32 did not flag it, but prevx all the time.

VT shows me 5/40:
    CAT-QuickHeal V10 - (Suspicious) - DNAScan
    eSafe V7.0.17.0 - SuspiciousR-Mytob3
    McAfee-GW-Edition V6.7.6 - Win32.Malware.gen (suspicious)
    Sunbelt V3.2.1858.2 - BehavesLike.Win32.Malware (v)
    TheHacker V6.3.4.1.325 - W32/Behav-Heuristic-065

But prevx 3.0 at VT does not flag it! How is this possible?
    None of the "big" AV flag it here too, JUST prevx 3.0.

And before I forget it, its flagging AGAIN empty Delphi 2007 projects! Did we not had that before? Hm...

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  16. PrevxHelp

I suspect the warning will only be shown on the first sighting of the file by the first user (you) so just running your software should let it get past the warning for other users. If not, you will need to sign your software - that is the only way for AV vendors to trust the identity of the code and is the standard way for vendors to get around FPs.

17. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

I hear ya, but gotta be more the process than my connection atleast. It's paid for and running effective at 8Mbit. ;)

Any improvement on the processing in any of the newer builds/versions?

I hope I'll see a positive result if testing a crack for a massive company's product again. :)

18. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Out of curiousity... why is the name of the download "PREVXCSIFREE" when the only software now is Prevx 3.0? Mistype or just forgotten? :)

19. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I'm getting multiple Prevx crashes lately. At first I thought it was Outpost, but it does it with Comodo, too. Just says CSI service has stopped working. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Seems to happen most before the computer goes to screen saver. Everything was fine before yesterday.

20. sded

sded Registered Member

Have you tried an uninstall/reinstall? I have found that installations of later versions of other security software occasionally cause Prevx problems, although Prevx hasn't updated lately. Prevx seems to adapt well to other software, but maybe not as well to stuff it has never seen? But Comodo just had a big recent update that you probably installed about yesterday?

21. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I have taken Comodo off for good until further notice, due to a thread in this forum. I'll try re-installing Prevx - could work.

22. sded

sded Registered Member

23. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

24. PrevxHelp

I suspect uninstalling/reinstalling will fix it, but if the problems persist, let me know :) Also, its worth mentioning that McAfee's May 12th update has caused some major problems with Prevx + McAfee compatibility. We're working on resolving it but this update causes many systems to drag to a halt :doubt:

25. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Back to giving Prevx 3 another shot.
    Damn good protection.
    Hope all runs smooth as it did before my one bad experiance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.