SpywareGuard and it's download Protection

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by vukodlak75, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vukodlak75

vukodlak75 Registered Member

Was wandering if anyone else is having this issue; every couple days I check the status of SpywareGuard and notice that the "Download Protection" is disabled. So I re-enable it and once again a few days later it is disabled. Why won't it keep it's settings?
    I have done plenty of scans and am possitive my machine is clean.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi vukodlak75,

We have noticed that some download managers seem to cause this behavior. Are you using one and if so, which one?

Regards,

Pieter

3. vukodlak75

vukodlak75 Registered Member

Yes, I am using Star Downloader 1.42

Someone mentioned this to me a few days ago and ever since I disabled "browser integration" in Star Downloader the setting in SpywareGuard stays enabled.

BTW, sorry for the late response.

4. capt44

capt44 Registered Member

I am not running any type of download accellerator but I am having problems with download protector unchecking itself each time I re-boot, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

capt44,

The download managers and download accelerators are only one example of things that try to use the same methods as SpywareGuard and therefore conflict as described above. What other software are you running on your system? Anything that scans, tracks or manages downloads, or inserts itself into the network data stream could be conflicting in a similar way - even those 5x ISP services might do it.

6. Brad

Brad Guest

yes sir , I`m running spy-bot and adaware and I cannot seem to get rid of all the adware and such from my pc. I just recently tried perfect companion which cleans the registry and then it seems to unload all kinds of adware and spyware onto my pc and I run both spy-bot and adaware to try and clean system but I can`t seem to get rid of them. I have also noticed my spy-bot program has a browser helper to block bad downloads that unchecks itself also. I`m stumped?
    Thanks for replying so soon! :)

7. Brad

Brad Guest

I`m also running sypware blaster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.