EAZ-FIX OR ROLLBACK RX

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by guest, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

is it same software?
    which must i choose?

2. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

both are the same differ marketing company

3. guest

guest Guest

thank you

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

I believe that Horizon DataSys are the makers of the product, Rollback Rx, and that Eaz-Fix is the rebranded/marketed product...so my advice would be to go with Rollback Rx, unless you are getting a much better price for Eaz-Fix.

If you are running a competing product and thinking of changing then I would contact Horizon DataSys as I believe that they give a 15% discount as a competative upgrade.

Regards

Baldrick:D

5. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

I think it's the other way around (EF is the original and RB is the rebadged product). In any case, they function exactly the same, so I say go for the best deal. ;)

6. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

They are both the same software and just use different names. I'd go for eaz-fix as its only $49 compared to $69 for rollback rx.

7. Baldrick

I don't doubt what you say but investigating the user guides of each product in more detail (as I am now intrigued) I came across the following:

Rollback Rx:

License and Warranty

The software that accompanies this license (the “software”) is the property of Horizon DataSys, Inc. and is protected by international copyright laws. Horizon DataSys holds the trademark of Rollback Rx. You will have certain rights to use the software after your acceptance of this license.

Eaz-Fix:

License and Warranty

The software that accompanies this license (the “software”) is the property of EAZ SOLUTION, Inc. (EAZ) and is protected by international copyright laws. EAZ SOLUTION holds the trademark of EAZ-FIX. You will have certain rights to use the software after your acceptance of this license.

Yet if I look back further I find, in a copy of the user guide for Eaz-Fix v7.1, the following:

License and Warranty

The software that accompanies this license (the “software”) is the property of NINGBO ZHIXIANG Software Company (NBZX) and is protected by international copyright laws. EAZ SOLUTION is a legal distributor of the software, While NBZX continues to own the software, and EAZ SOLUTION holds the trademark of EAZ-FIX. You will have certain rights to use the software after your acceptance of this license.

Now I am not trying to start a flame re. who owns what but thought this might be of interest to forum members.

As far as I can see there are no differences between Eaz-Fix & Rollback Rx, even in terms of support response (my experiences with the latter and from what I read about the former).

But it would be good to know who really owns the base software...unless both companies are own by the same mother company that produces the software and markets it through them both.o_O

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I found Eaz-Fix more stable. Why? I dont know but I owned both in the past.

9. Baldrick

Hi trjam

In what way (asking purely out of interest)o_O

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Eaz-Fix worked pretty flawlessly, the other seemed to be slower and I remember twice on a reboot I saw some registry issues and something about orphan files.

11. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I believe Chris12923 came close to solving this here.

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

same product, different versions.

13. Baldrick

Thanks. I will bear that in mind. So far so good with Rollback. Nothing untowards spotted so far.

Also, you would seem to be correct in that both products are at v8.1, and Horizon Datasys have advised that a new version is in the wings...so it will be interesting to see who releases this first.;)

14. fce

fce Registered Member

good decision....go with Rollback!

Eaz Fix for me is like copy cat of Rollback :ninja:

15. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Copy cat implies someone in made an effort to copy the design and is selling their own product. That is simply not the case here. This isn't the first time, the same product has been sold by different people under different names. Take the original FDISR for example. Same thing.

Pete

16. Baldrick

Agreed...in fact I think that Aaron was correct as the more I kook into the background the more I believe that Rollback is the 'marketed under a differrent name' and Eaz-Fix is the current owner of the product.

But as long as one keeps up with the other and both work...whats the difference?

17. chetcope

chetcope Registered Member

I finally purchased 2 copies of Horizon's Rollback RX (with the 35% discount given if you write a review etc) in Sept.

I subsequently noticed that Eaz-Fix's yearly maintenance fee is several dollars less.

Also at one point I noticed that their downloads were different sizes. I took it that it was because EAZ-FIX hadn't yet included the new Imaging ability included with Horizon's (I love it!). [Looking at the EAz-Fix homepages the newest Eaz-Fix includes it--haven't compared file sizes recently],

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  18. fce

fce Registered Member

the only thing i regret about RollbackRx is paying maintenance fee....it's already year from now but there's no major update after ver. 8.1

i wasted my money for that maintenance fee.

19. farmerlee

Fully extracted from their archives eaz-fix is 82.3mb and rollback rx 82.1, both have the same number of files and directories. As far as i can tell apart from the different branding rollback and eaz-fix are identical in functionality.

20. Baldrick

Agreed...they are one and the same apart from branding. Have done a comparison of the user guides and the functionality is identical.

For me the only questions are (i) where is the development done, (ii) how useful are the Support infrastructures and (iii) do new releases come out at the same time of is there a log wit one of them. Nothing that we can answer; time will tell.

So finally I think that 'you pays your money and takes your choice'.

;)

21. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

i) According to Horizon DataSys' website, they are able to customize/rebrand their solutions. So, I'm guessing that they are the original developers of Rollback Rx/Eaz-Fix. This is by no means definitive, however, it is more likely that HDS developed it since they are the older, larger company (more resources).

ii) As far as support is concerned...I haven't used Horizon's support system so can't tell you how it is. However, judging from the old threads I've read here, their support leaves much to be desired. That was then...don't know about now.

iii) I guess the company that develops the product will release it first.

22. farmerlee

I've used horizondatasys' support many times and they've always been quick to respond when i submit a support ticket, theres no support in the weekends but i can live with that. I haven't yet needed to access eaz-fix's support system so i can't comment on whether they are better or not.

23. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

i uses eaz fix support for sometime and they are fast, and i am talking on hours to reply to your submited ticket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.