marioforever.exe not detected

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ChronoStriker1, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChronoStriker1

ChronoStriker1 Registered Member

I know this file is a virus that cause erroneous print jobs but NOD32 doesn't seem to detect it. I set it for analysis how long does it usually take before its added to the new definition?

2. Fixer

Fixer Registered Member

If ESET find that the file that you sent them is malware, they will immediately add to the forthcoming update.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Did you actually send the file or information about it to samples@eset.com ?

4. ChronoStriker1

No I right clicked on the file and clicked submit for analysis. If I have to send it there too I will, I just assumed that submit for analysis would do that.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If it is possible , resend it via email to the email address posted above. :thumb:

6. JuliusB

JuliusB Registered Member

I think ESET should implement some king of auto-response system where when a user submits a file via email or nod32 itself, he or she would get an auto-response saying file received for analysis.
    Because now it's not clear for users did ESET actually received the file or not and also they may give up and not send suspicious files in the future anymore.

Just an idea, consider it.

7. ChronoStriker1

Well is sent it to samples@eset.com on the 17th still haven't herd back and its still not detected by eset. Right now its on most of the shares on our servers. Since our company has a lot of printers Id rather not have random print jobs going through. On a side note its in the share I created for the eset update... my boss loves that...

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I've checked every single sample sent between Oct 16th-18th and no one had an attachment named marioforever.exe. Please PM me the email address you sent the email from as well as the subject of the email.

9. ChronoStriker1

Its detected now, thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.