memory card readers disappear after installing TI 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pvbers, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvbers

pvbers Registered Member

My USB memory card readers disappear after installing True Image 2009 Home. This was the case in the beta versions and it still is in the retail version.

I am not going to buy this version, so now I have to switch to a total different backup system because no older Acronis version sees my SATA harddiscs on my ASUS P5Qpro motherboard.

Bye bye Acronis.

2. bastien

bastien Registered Member

After installing TI 2009 my NTB dv6397ea doesn´t find (read) SD-card from intern card-reader in NTB. All other card (xD or memory stick) can be read. Before installing TI 2009 was everything OK. I checked it by new installing. Do you have some solution, how to activate it? Thanks!

3. rantamplan

rantamplan Registered Member

I have the same problem with my card reader. It is an internal reader, that reserves four driveletters. As soon as I install TI 2009 the drives disappear in windows explorer. I found out, that TI 2009 reserves the driveletters for mounting images. Does anyone know how to tell TI 2009 what driveletters are already used for removable devices?

4. redshift

redshift Registered Member

hallo

sorry my english ist not so welll

i have the same problem

all !!!!!!! card reader doesent works
    extern, intern its not importent

but the first version 2009 (buy version) , works
    and the update 9608 doesent works

it's the same problem as the cdrom were not detected ?

I'm disappointed
    I am since 2005 customer
    probably your software can not buy anymore
    Keeps because something is not working

DriveLetters = http://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbdlm.html sorry its german

hopefully that will be better next update

windows vista sp1

redshift

5. redshift

bobmitch says:

Chatted with Anthony at Acronis...here is his temporary workaround

Anthony: - Find the following branches:

Anthony: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters (PartMgr tdrpman140 snapman380)

Anthony: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters (VolSnap tdrpman140 snapman380 timounter)

Anthony: - Please delete tdrpman140 values from the registry

I am gonna try it now...will keep you all posted

does it work?
    and if so why?

6. bastien

bastien Registered Member

Redshift: Thanks, already works correctly. (delete tdrpman140)

7. country2

country2 Registered Member

I also had same issue plus lost a IDE dvdrom but I've lost it before so don't know if it caused that or not but would like to add the above temp fix made everything come back. Thanks for the info!

8. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Reading these postings I have made an observation that other devices may be affected by upgrading to TrueImage 2009, build 9,608.
    I have noticed that my internal IDE (not USB) ZIP100 drive no longer shows up in My Computer and is not functional. This is also true of my HP PSC2210 multifunction printer (USB), which has internal card readers, when connected. The printer shows up in My Computer and is functional but an additional entry (Generic volume) shows up in Device Manager. In the images below for the ZIP drive as an example you will notice that the driver files reference Acronis. When the printer is attached I get an additional Generic volume that also lists driver files associated with Acronis. This suggests to me that while the printer works OK the card readers are not functional.
    Viewing the entries in Device Manager this is what I see:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  9. Zecke2008

Zecke2008 Registered Member

:mad: Great work Acronis, great work .... Nobody can use his USB stuff. A little bit more testing before releasing TI12? Nothing learnd? Do you remember the terrible start of TI11? Ups, you did it again!
    Regards Zecke2008

PS: There is a nice song from Simon and Garfunkel "Keep the customer satisfied", maybe you try this concept next time .... :rolleyes:

10. Beat

Beat Registered Member

Hi Redshift

I'm very happy with this registry fix. Now my system starts faster and the drive letters are named dynamically again.

In addition the removable media which failed to start previously does not inhibit the display of the drive with the same reserved letter.

Beat

11. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Imo, you have to tell Acronis with your pocketbook. It seems that they won't sell better stuff as long as they can keep selling stuff like ATI11 and 12. So get a refund --satisfaction is guaranted within the 1st 30 days after purchase. When a fixed version is available, then consider trying it and buying it if it suits you.

12. bobmitch

bobmitch Registered Member

I heard from Acronis this morning. They have released a new build (9615) that, in my case, has fixed the usb issue. I am sure that it will do the same for you. I have a refund in process. If this works, I am sure that the refund will be canceled....

Bob

13. fong

fong Registered Member

I am having this same problem, the registry has fix the problem for me. Do you know if the latest release fixes this problem in another way or they will just change the registry settings for you? Also, how do you get the latest version. I logged onto my account at Acronis.com and didn't see any new version for TI2009 to download.

14. bobmitch

bobmitch Registered Member

E mail Customer service and let them know that you are aware of the 9615 build release and would like a copy. I am sure that they will e mail you the link

Bob

15. Beat

Beat Registered Member

The name of the new build is not shown on the "My Account" page. But I have found out the right link myself. ;)

Beat

PS. During a system backup with the new build I'm getting log error messages like this one: :eek:

<event code="20" id="7" level="4" message="Backup von Datei oder Verzeichnis 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\Config\default' fehlgeschlagen.
    Datei I/O Fehler (0x40014)
    function = &quot;CreateFileW&quot;,
    filename = &quot;\\?\C:\WINDOWS\System32\Config\default&quot;
    Tag = 0xA8A1022BD18AE04F
    Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird (0xFFF0)
    code = 80070020)
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8B9: None" module="4" time="1224100040" />

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  16. redshift

hallo

the update build 9615 works
    thank you

redshift

17. Beat

Beat Registered Member

This build works also on my PC, starting with an old image and reinstalling all pending updates (new PCI-Parallel-Adapter, second HD, TI 2009, etc).

The restore of a 7.1 GB system partition needs only about one minute now. :cool:

Beat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.