Cannot clone hard drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shell24, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shell24

shell24 Registered Member

I just purchased True Image 11 Home to clone my hard drive to a new SimpleTech mini 160 GB portable hard drive.
    I activated rescue media by partitioning my C: drive.
    Then I registered Acronis and tried to download the upgrade offered. Firefox 3.0 refused the download advising that it was empty no information included.
    Then I clicked clone hard disk and went through the procedures, it advised me it had to delete all information stored on my new SimpleTech (all the programs included??) before it could clone C: to F:. OK. Reboot. OK. ERROR MESSAGE:
    e000a03ee Unable to get volume for the letter file. Cannot boot windows you might not have enough privileges to reboot.
    I'm lost.
    What privileges? This is my home PC I've used for 5 years.
    Help?

Thanks for instruction to do image backup, but it failed after 30 minutes. "Disk is Full ox70015, failed tp process temp files"
    Any help?
    Shell 24

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  2. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

First don't do any clones.

The only way to clone to the simpletech is if you are going to remove the hard drive off of the simpletech and install on your real computer.

Instead do an image backup of your c: partition. This image backup will be a compress TIB file which you can store on the simpletech (without deleting or overwriting any data on the simpletech).

As long as windows and true image recognizes your simpletech, you should be able to backup your c: partition directly to the simpletech from within windows without shutting down. Try it again, this time from within windows.

An image backup is just as good as a clone and you will be able to restore it back onto a new hard drive and it will be bootable.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Check this link and check the links inside the link.

No preparation of the new drive necessary when cloning or restoring a full disk image to a new disk. The key to success is to perform the function from a TI Restore CD and have the new blank drive installed in the normal boot position in place of the old original drive--all before the procedures begin.

Clone or Restore using Resize comparison
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1299861&postcount=9

4. shell24

shell24 Registered Member

I did what you said...failed, 0x70015, disk full failed to process temp. files. Any help with this? Thank you,
    Shell 24

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello shell24,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8101) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

Please also make sure that Acronis True Image is installed and used under Administrator or Backup Operator account.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep all drives in question connected and powered on during the creation process.

Please also clarify, are you running Acronis True Image from Windows, or using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media?

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

How much used space are you backing up? and how much free space is there in your destination partition?

disk full failed = lack of disk space?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.