Matousec Firewalls Comparative

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by gax, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gax

gax Registered Member

It's been a long time and Smart Security is still at a bad position there:
    http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall-challenge/results.php

Are you gonna make the necessary to have ESET Smart Security shining in the firewalls tests as the antivirus part does in antivirus comparatives?

Come on ESET handle those leaks correctly please and make your company top notch in the firewalls world!

It is disappointing to see such a bad ranking of smart security.

EDIT: for those criticizing matousec website, you'de better be aware that it is a trusted website, that page shows it, but it's only one out of them all:
    http://www.consumersearch.com/www/software/firewalls/reviews.html

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The question is - were all modules enabled? I assume that advanced heuristics would have caught most of the files they used as it is designed to catch malware exploiting the weaknesses they tested.

3. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Hello Marcos,

I have asked Matousec on which modules were used in the products and their reply was:

Still I think that they haven't considered heuristic detection, only firewall reaction, hence the low score.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I think you're right, I've tried to download the leak tests and my web protection notified me about multiple threats found in the archive and interrupted the download.

5. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

In all honesty Matousec is a joke. as way the tests are ran are flawed and his system for doing things is very flawed.. don't believe me Google it. you will see just how trusted that site is. :cautious:

6. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Think so but nevertheless someone had to make such a shady webside publicly with all those do-it-yourself results. All of us can do such leakstats with ease it is only a matter of time.

7. gax

gax Registered Member

The point is simple: either Smart Security is vulnerable to those leaks, either it's not.

I googled about the tests flaws and didn't found anything really serious on this. Most people trust the only real firewalls leaks comparative website.

If you think this site is so bad make one yourself.

Until then, I think the point is simple: ESET either try to raise in the ratings or tell matousec how to use their product to get top score. Else, it will just look like a poor product to the public. It's not very smart to stay in the current situation. If you think otherwise you'd better get a commerce and communication training course.

Also, Matousec is not as untrusted as some of you says:
    http://www.consumersearch.com/www/software/firewalls/reviews.html

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  8. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Just a FYI. Eset don't fail a lot of the "leak tests" in all honesty it pass's them the firewall could stop the leak test from that site. and still fail it. its not the test it self that is flawed.. its how he runs it. don't believe me unplug your internet run the test and watch it fail you. even tho it has no internet access. also even if you STOP the test from getting out. which is the point of a leak test it STILL FAILS YOU. the site is a joke many firewall's that pass it even say its a joke. the top one out there comodo. has nothing nice to say about it.
    http://forums.comodo.com/feedbackco...esults_2008-t20986.0.html;msg145935#msg145935

scroll down in there you will find more tests out there. the problem with matousec is it's the only known one but unfortunately its about as creditable as a counterfeit $20 bill.

9. gax

gax Registered Member

10. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

That is the czech way of life. :D Making money out of things nobody else could ever be able to.:D BTW despite all the bad press I like the colored ranking list of matousecs firewall tests.

11. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Sad part is.. so many others out there do it right. and get no fame kind of funny how much of a joke his site is yet. av company's are still stupid enough to pay him. guess the jokes on them. :doubt:

12. norky

norky Registered Member

Matousec is just trying to make money. I like how they have "Get Now" links to pay firewalls, but not to a free one like Comodo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.