Email Notification in ATI 11.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by smithalb, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smithalb

smithalb Registered Member

Has anyone gotten email notifications to work with their email account? I have a yahoo account and have filled in all the required info without success. Can anyone help with this issue PLEASE!!! I have review the other posts on this issue (i.e. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1304845#post1304845) and it does not look like anyone has had any success with this issue. Thanks.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I get email notification with no problems.

I wonder if it is because you are using a Yahoo account? Would I be correct in assuming that you don't actually receive notifications or is it that they aren't sent?

It might be that the 'free' accounts either direct it into a spam folder or perhaps have a different port. I'll try resetting mine to a Yahoo or Hotmail account and see what happens.

Colin

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

OK - just tried sending a test email to my Yahoo account - worked fine!

So this leaves us with - are you using the correct outgoing mail server for your ISP? If your ISP is something like a Vodafone 3G account, and doesn't offer ISP based email accounts, then you have a problem. :) You'll need to sign up for a hosted email account, which depending on who you choose and where you live, could charge a paltry amount or ridiculous bank loan type fee.

What happens if you send an email to your ISP email address?

If you click on the Additional e-mail parameters, what options are ticked?

Colin

4. smithalb

I have taken the outgoing and ingoing server from MS Outlook. I have also tried reversing the information. I assume you could not do this with hotmail or web based account but I will try now and let you know. Thanks for the help!!!

5. smithalb

If the STMP server requires encryption then the notifications will not work right? Thanks.

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I believe you are correct. I think this might be different in the Echo versions, something I'd have to check.

Colin

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello smithalb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that current versions of Acronis True Image do not support mail encryption. That feature is expected to be added in the next version of Acronis True Image Home.

Please enclose the e-mail address in angle brackets (example: <my@mail.net>).

If the SMTP server does not require authentication, please make sure the "User name" and "Password" fields are left blank.

Please also make sure that the "From:" field is blank under "Additional e-mail parameters...".

If the login to POP3 server is required before accessing SMTP server, please make sure the option "Log on to incoming mail server" is selected.

If any firewall, antivirus or other security software is installed on the machine, please make sure that the following modules are added to the list of trusted applications in the security software:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageHomeService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageHomeNotify.exe

If the above doesn't help, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect network tracing logs for e-mail send attempt the following way:

- Download the free Wireshark utility and install it;
    - Run the utility from Start -> All Programs -> Wireshark;
    - Click Capture -> Interfaces... and click Start button corresponding to the network adapter you are using for our internet connection;
    - Reproduce the problem without closing Wireshark application;
    - Click Capture -> Stop after the issue is reproduced;
    - Save the captured data by clicking File -> Save as.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.