ESET NOD32 Antivrus and Outlook

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by tebarnard, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tebarnard

tebarnard Registered Member

I just re-installed Windows XP SP3 on my machine. Then I loaded MS Office 2007. It appearedto be running fine. Next I installed latest ESET NOD32 Antivurus software and launched it.

Outlook got hung up on Send/Receive and I had to use task manager to close Outlook. It didn't do a complete close - I couldn't relaunch Outlook.

After rebooting and launching Outlook I was invited to open in Safe mode. I did and Outlook ran fine. I closed safe mode and re-opened in full mode and again Outlook got hung and wouldn't close properly.

I un-installed and re-installed MS Office with the same result.

I turned off the email scanning with ESET NOD32 and had the same result. Finally, I uninstalled ESET NOD32 and now Outlook is working fine.

There are no other scanning applications running. Are there any settings to make ESET NOD32 compatilbe with Outlook 2007?

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Try running your Microsoft updates to get Office 2007 fully updated.

3. fariz

fariz Registered Member

I've got same problem on one of my computers. Updating Outlook does not help. Anyone know how to get around the problem?

4. jjperis

jjperis Registered Member

Try disabling NOD32's integration in Outlook in advanced setup, miscellanous, e-mail client integration. That doesn't disable e-mail checking.

5. Andygadget

Andygadget Registered Member

I have the same problem with 3.0.672 now on three machines. The ekrn service crashes, and when it restarts it takes down the outlook integration. The only solution for outlook seems to disable integration.

Someone needs to start addressing these issues before they loose too many more customers ! I have another two years to run, but will need to jump ship if I cannot have a stable product set - a low system impact is no substitute for a stable product.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

This can occur due to conflicts with other security software or if there are remnants of other anti-virus software that were not fully uninstalled before installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

Is there any other security software running on the computers, or were there before ESET NOD32 Antivirus was installed?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. otgkhan

otgkhan Registered Member

In my case, Trend Micro Office Scan client was installed on the machine. But it is uninstalled I do not think it would have left any active remnants. Do I need to look for program directories?

8. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

In Outlook, go to Tools, Trust Center... and then the Add-ins menu. Look for any add-ins there that may be leftover from the Trend Micro software (or possibly some other program) and disable them.

9. otgkhan

otgkhan Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I went in the trust center and found nothing of trend micro. I have downloaded and installed the NOD32 v2 on the computer. This has solved the problem for now. But it seems like I cannot manage the v2 by using the Remote Administration Console.

10. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I had this problem. Go to the NOD32 V3 advanced set up tree>E mail Protection>POP3>E mail clients. Put a check next to C: Program files\Microsoft Office 11\ Outlook.exe. If there's already a check there, you have a different problem than I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.