ID-Blaster v1.0

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by javacool, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

In response to the second page of the WMP thread(www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=2098;start=15, I created ID-Blaster.

A short quote from the webpage:
    Basically, I would recommend that everyone who values their privacy (or what is left of their privacy) run this program. It has little impact on system resources, and is only 52 kb.

UPDATE: [glow=yellow,1,100]NOTE TO ALL WINDOWS XP USERS: Please see important information on web page below before downloading![/glow] (Windows 95,98,ME - you may disregard the warning.)

Explanation and FAQ are available from here:

www.wilderssecurity.com/idblaster.html

(direct download link included in URL mentioned above).

Download is available from either of the following mirrors:

www.wilders.org/HTMLobj-1283/IDblaster.exe
    http://www.optimix.be.tf/IDblaster.exe

As usual, if anyone would like to mirror the site and/or the download, it is greatly appreciated. :)

note: first provided URL is a mirror - Forum Admin

Comments/questions/suggestions are also appreciated.

-javacool

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

JavaC, I love you and I want to have your babies.

3. Checkout

Rats, it won't download for me! Hey, JavaCool...!

4. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Easy on the Vodka big guy ;)

5. Checkout

Now you tell me. Too late - I'm firmly reacquainted with my old friend' Doctor Smirnoff. Lemmee sing you a song, Uni!

Oh, the floorboards go 'round like rotor blades...
    Rotor blades...
    ...Rotor blades

The toilet looms large
    Like a barfin' barge
    ...Barfin' barge
    Barfin' barge
    Oh the chunder rises up like volcano burps...

6. javacool

It should be working. You have to download from the link on the main page (you can't link directly to the download from any other site).

Also, proxies MAY cause some issues (it IS a free webhosting account).

If you still can't download it, go ahead and PM me with your e-mail address, and I'll e-mail it to you (it's only 52 kb).

-javacool

7. controler

controler Guest

Thanks Javacool :D

8. javacool

A NOTE TO ALL HAVING DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS FROM THE TEMPORARY SITE:

The free webhosting account does not seem to be compatible with downloader managers, and some proxies (for downloading).

You may obtain better success, for the time being, if you disable your download accelerator/manager and try downloading using the regular mechanism built into your browser.

For everyone else behind a proxy, etc, help will hopefully soon be on the way! :)

UPDATE: Two people have very nicely provided mirrors for the download, so all download problems should now be fixed. They are:
    www.wilders.org/HTMLobj-1283/IDblaster.exe
    Thank you! :)

-javacool

9. javacool

I should probably also note a couple of things.

1) Feature - when minimized to the system tray, the ID-Blaster icon will flash green when it changes the IDs.

2) On Windows XP, it will say you do not have a Windows Media Player ID. This is because WMP in XP takes its ID number from the system ID.

-javacool

10. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Thanks very much Javacool !!! :)

I just downloaded it and I will play with it the next days.

Cheers, Jan.

11. JacK

JacK Registered Member

thx javacool

I mirrored here :

Direct d/l
    Cheers,

JacK

12. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

13. 5zigenCivic

5zigenCivic Registered Member

mirrored :) .... and like the other site that is mirroring the file, this is also a direct download.

http://www.visualcave.com/downloads/IDblaster.exe

14. Hi

Looks interesting. I may try it.

Regards

Gordon

15. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Welcome, JBG! Enjoy! Pete

16. Thanks Pete! :)

Gordon

17. fergwrig

fergwrig Registered Member

Installed and running!.
    This is kind of a dumb (and late) question. When I alter those Product ID numbers, does that in any way affect the registration of those products. By that I mean if I had a problem with my machine (which is a Dell) and I had to contact the manufacturer, would the altered SYSTEM number void any warranty, etc.

And a second question. Short of renaming the program, how do I stop it from running. I read in another forum that you can right-click the icon in the systray to change/correct any settings. I tried that (right-clicking) and it doesn't work. Nothing happens.

18. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Hi javacool! Wanted you to know that the e-mail attachment downloaded just fine. I have questions too. Does this thing mask the serial numbers or are they erased yet replaced? I'd like to record all of my serial numbers first, then start using it. How do I find my serials? TIA :)

19. javacool

When you first start up the application, your original ID numbers are displayed in text boxes.

If you use the program to change the IDs, the text boxes update with the newest numbers.

The ID numbers are overwritten with randomly generated fake IDs, which you can elect to have generated every minute or 30 seconds. (Plus you can set ID-Blaster to start up in the system tray, and do its duty on boot-up!)

-javacool

20. javacool

The altering of those product ID numbers does not affect the registration of those products. As an example, changing the ID number in Windows XP does NOT mean you have to go through the whole Windows anti-piracy authorization process again.

If you click on the icon in the system tray (left click once, or even double-click if once doesn't work) it will pop-up the ID-Blaster main window, where you can select the "Change Settings" button and remove the automatic startup option.

If you are referring to just stopping the application, you should be able to do that from the main screen too.

If you are unable to open either the right-click menu, or to left click and bring up the main screen, this is most likely caused by a conflict with an older version of a dll on your system. (You are the first person, and so far the only person to report this issue.) If you could PM me or post your OS version, it would be very helpful.

Hope this helps.

-javacool

21. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Hi javacool! It's a nice little app. Does a good job! I answered my own questions by picking up The Belarc Advisor. It does a complete system and serial numbers inventory and displays it with your browser. I then copied it into Word with my ScreenHunter. (I will post links to it in Software and Services since this topic is yours.) It gives a benchmark for my system too. Thank you for providing this! Very sweet! :)

22. Hi

I've downloaded it , set it to chang every 60 second. :D

Thanks

Gordon

23. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

24. javacool

Using Windows XP without any beta version of the SP1 update, I can still access Windows update correctly. I can also install updates correctly.

However, if the new SP1 update for Windows XP DOES check the PID number at boot-up, this could cause some issues (hence the warning to BACK UP YOUR ID NUMBER is the FIRST thing to show when running the program).

NOTE: The first post in this topic has been edited with the warning info until the web page is updated. This problem does not affect users running Windows 95,98,ME.

-javacool

25. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Pages updated:

www.wilderssecurity.com/idblaster.html

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.