RFW 2009 (Rising Firewall) Free + RIS 2009 Free

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Someone, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zen_usuario

zen_usuario Registered Member

Hi all,

Seems after all yes, there is a free international version of Rising Personal Firewall 2009 (RfwINTFree.exe).....¿?
    I'dont know the terms of use, but here is: http://down.rising-global.com/for_down/09globalver/RfwINTFree.exe

It's an official vendor link.

Next to install and see what runs! :)

Cheers

Zen

@ Tipstir: There isn't a RisINTFree.exe version there....by the moment.

2. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Thanks but I'll grab this one and save it... Again those are virtual servers from rising own domain you pulling down this files from. Would be nice if you had a list of what's on that virtual server folder. But we already know some of the files. I am sure RIS version there just worded differently. There was freeris.exe but no longer there.

3. zen_usuario

RfwINTFree.exe (the international free version)
    Main window and the license:
    Product ID: FW_FRE

RfwINTFree.PNG

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  4. 2good

2good Guest

blessed be Zen may you live a long and happy life I don't know where you find these things but somehow you always do .

5. tipstir

Okay Produce ID AV_FRE

6. tipstir

Okay all the Chinese versions are gone... I still that the free RIS suffers from the trial versions. When you enable features it gets disabled on next reboot. I had one system refused to update. I had to uninstall it then reinstall it to update. So don't use the xxxfree.exe..

7. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

Is Rising firewall really very good?I only think its GUI is very nice.I didn't use it.Is someone test its AV or FW?I heard Rising updated and added HIPS function?Now does Rising really have HIPS?If it had,is it good and useful?

8. zen_usuario

It success if features are enabled with the main window>"Defense".
    But not if enabled with "Detailed Settings">"Auto-Protect" or "ActiveDefense"> clicking, marking to "Enable at boot".
    Perhaps this is the issue.

9. zen_usuario

I've seen some tests for the AV and Internet Security, already is frequently tested by Virus Bulletin.

The Matousec test says RIS tested, but some people explained only the firewall was tested, and the firewall hasn't HIPS.

I've seen results for malware detection with a 95% or 97%, similar to others "not always on the top". But malware detection itsn't the only good feature from Antivirus or Internet Security.

Yes, RISING implements HIPS features with the Antivirus and the Internet Security suite, under "Detailed Settings">"Active Defense">"System Reinforcement". And their Firewall doesn't implements HIPS.

I don't know Firewall tested, but you may ask to the user deadmeat
    seems interested in it.

For me, the Firewall is awesome.

I suggest the best is you try and experiment with it. Reading the tests itsn't the best manner for a correct choose (my own thought, of course).

Good luck!:)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  10. zen_usuario

Thanks! "living a long and happy life" sounds very well!:D

11. cqpreson

Thank you.
    But RISING's virus detection is not very high.So some Chinese users didn't believe Rising is good.
    Maybe we should believe Rising.But I heard much information about Rising.Many said when some Rising's users used Rising,their computers were uauslly infected by virus.Maybe this is what Rising needs to improve.

12. tipstir

Don't know why you would say that about the Anti-virus it better than the others out there. I know it doesn't catch everything but one it doesn't Rising will send out an update out the following days. I've sent them so much data.

My rules for infection is:

Clean Virus (file first)
    Delete (can't clean then)
    Delete (can't move then)

Always report files..

MB (HIPS) is set to high

13. tipstir

Yes the firewall is better that PC Tools Firewall Plus free. I'll miss the RIS but I won't miss the issues with it. I think the free & trial versions for the Chinese market is buggy on RIS. Plus the RIS has Chinese Protection Feature so if you go and pay bills or visit the bank that is included. Does me no good to have that loaded. But Anyway.. Whatever is free works for me. I run server and client OS and this program does it job. There is a review on rising it got 8-10 score. Comodo got 7-10.

14. cqpreson

Rising's Antivirus is not very good.Although many people used Rising's software,their computers are also infected by virus.It is true.I also hope Rising could be strong,but it didn't improve in those years.What changed is just its GUI became more beautiful.
    Are you a Chinese?If you were,you can know how Rising is in China.

15. zen_usuario

First you asked about quality and tests for Rising Firewall and if HIPS are implemented with it or other Rising's and how. And I've suppossed, perhaps badly, it was a question for your own interest or knowledgement.

Second you replied with the "Rising's Antivirus is not very good", "virus detection isn't very high", "...infections", "...chinese people", "...just beautiful GUI", "Are you a Chinese?", and more....o_O

16. tipstir

If you're really from China then you should know about the company already. They're been from since 1998. They have received awards for Anti-Trojan, Anti-Virus Desktop and Anti-Virus Disinfection from WestCoast CheckMark and VB100.

RAV, RFW, RIS
    Works on OS:Win98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista

On run all these software on my 20 nodes network here.. Better than anything I've use since 1991.

RISING ANTI-VIRUS Network Edition

The company's network covers all provinces, cities, districts and counties to the basic realization of Beijing as the center of Beijing, provincial, and municipal, district 4 county-level network interconnection and exchange of information at all levels have also built a local node LAN . PC AIX、AS400,SGI IRIX、HP-UX,SUN SOLARIS Windows 98/NT/2000/XP、Linux。 Within the whole network is equipped with minicomputers, servers, PC computers, etc., the use of IBM operating systems have the AIX, AS400, SGI's IRIX, HP-UX, SUN's SOLARIS and Windows 98/NT/2000/XP, Linux and so on. Lotus Domino/Notes、MS Office、。 In addition, the use of Lotus Domino / Notes groupware system, MS Office business software, e-mail server applications, such as GM.

They have patents for:

Unknown virus killing
    Hard drive data recovery
    Systematic approach to access files
    Complete control of documents
    Software upgrade method
    Memory virus monitoring and operation method

I've read everything to know about the company and the forum boards in China so what you say not all true over 10 millions users using the software from also corporate companies in China for the enterprise editions.

But you know all of this already.. If you're not using the software why are you complaining?

17. tipstir

Rising Protection Login.. Note Windows XP Professional SP3 with Logon feature turns your XP into Vista. No more systems resources are used.

Attached Files:

18. cqpreson

Looks like EQSecure,a security software that is from China.If you used EQSecure,there is a EQSecure's logo on your computer,when you login you computer.

19. cqpreson

The reason why I asked others how Rising is is that I didn't use Rising in the past.But after that,I tested Rising with some virus packets,and the result is bad.In that virus packets,there are many famous viruses.

After that,I go to my friend's home to help him with some computer's problems.I found him using Rising,but his computer is also infected by virus.Finaly I had to change antivirus software for him.At that time,I think my friend is unlucky,maybe he meet a unknow virus.But then another antivirus told me the virus is very famous.So I don't believe Rising.

As for a Chinese,I really hope Rising can be a good security software even the best.But now Rising is going downhill indeed.

20. cqpreson

I know what you said about Rising.Rising is one of the oldest security softwares in China.Initially,Rising was indeed very strong.I remembered it was choosed to be a security software by Chinese Goverment.It was very good.
    But now I am not sure that Rising is strong as before.I heard much news about Rising's inability.Maybe not all of them are true,but through I test,Rising can't detect most viruses.
    Maybe you think Rising is very good.Maybe you are right,maybe I am right.It is nothing.Let's see the development of Rising.

21. zen_usuario

Ok, thanks.
    I think Rising AV has a "decent" malware detection, not "the best of the world". I've seen the same with others AV's very qualified than ESET, AVG, CIS, Symantec,....

I've used also in the past AVIRA Antivir, A2Squared, Avast, MoonSecure, ClamAV, AVG, Comodo's, all these free versions. Also ESET, Norton, Kaspersky, and others.

The security setup for an user is a "combo" of behavior, surfing habits, policy, hardware, software, ISP, system resources, backup, etc. And the user must be confortable with it. Malware detection is important, but not the only thing.

I'm using Rising's since aprox 1 year ago without infections (this was checked also with others AV's scanners, of course). Others are using AVIRA or Kaspersky or others and get infections sometimes (see you inside their forums).

Sometimes I've blocked things by HIPS way or Firewall (detection failed first), and was easy to remove the bads after.
    n1detect.com (infected usb source) was also easy stopped and removed without primary definition detection.
    Properly configuration of all security software is a condition for retrieve good results.

One of the Rising's features that I like a lot is.....available for free, full function, no nag screens. Others can't say the same.

Perhaps your friend was unlucky, or his Rising's setup configuration wasn't strong, or other things....but itsn't a valid argument (for me) for describe the good or the bad from a security software, without all the information.

Zen

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  22. tipstir

See I bet you never send the viruses you had tested to Risings so they can catch those in the next update. I've sent them many which were packed (zip). Some they told me weren't malware where other software AV or MW reported them as. Well not every unknown virus it going to be caught without some user feedback to the AV company.

23. tipstir

I used everything that is out there for AV since the early days where you didn't even need AV for DOS and Windows. Going though all the different versions of Windows since then til now! I was hit by many of the most current malware, coaked-malware, bots, worms, autorun-worms everything. I've tested what is known here on this forum for protection and none of them really lived up to what I was looking for. I used many of them in the pass years, some had ad-nags where I think they shouldn't even both in a free AV program, but I guess they have to do it. But not on my watch!

I have to agree with zen_usuario, Rising RAV has kept off all the crap that out there. It checks for malware daily. It's PC Doctor is one of the best tools needed for OS/Office/IE updates/repairs being free is important. RAV is very strong and now every AV out there is going to be 100% coverage without user input to the AV-Labs. Still the RFW is very strong and it can detect the LAN/WAN/Router setup either wired 10/100/1000mbps or wireless 802.11b/g/n great. Server protection is important these software don't even fail there. The only issue I had is running RIS. Rising needs to work on that software some more. RAV/RFW as 2 different components are better then one whole along with Rising PC Doctor.

Well if Rising is going down in China then you might be looking in the wrong place as it's doing better here than in China but I bet it's still doing better in China as you can read off the China forums for Rising AV/Firewall Protection. To give out free Firewall/Anti-AV, Anti-Trojan, Anti-Malware, Anti-Spyware, for free with very low impact on system resources come on now!

Wake-up!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  24. tipstir

So far RFW Free and RAV Free working without issues on everything I got..

25. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

For what is worth on softonic.com,there is a 50% discount on Rising Products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.