true image 10 problem with incr. Backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fwerner, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fwerner

fwerner Registered Member

Hallo,

I just found this interesting forum!
    Till today (see other thread) I was using Acronis true image home version 10 (german), and I was always having troubles with the making a new full backup after x incremental backups feature. It never stops making incremental backups and it never did a new full backup. So it never really works, so I always didn't actually use this feature for 2 years, I made everything manually.
    These days I was reorganizing my storage disk and now I really wanted to use this feature and ask the acronis support for help, after sending them some screenshots and other information, they asked me to try out version 11.
    I installed version 11, and a short test showed that the incr. backup is working.
    Does this mean that the incremental Backup feature never worked in version 10?

gruss werner

2. fwerner

Hallo,

is there anybody who knows if true image 10 does incremental backups right?

gruss werner

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fwerner,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Generally Acronis True Image 10.0 Home should create incrementals correctly but the answer to your question depends crucially on where your Backup Location is organized (internal drive, external one, Network Access Storage, etc). So could you please tell me where is the Backup Location organized?

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

4. fwerner

Hallo,

my backup location is an 500 GB external harddrive connected via USB nothing very unusual.

I already wrote an technical support request and was asked to upgrade
    to V11. This brougth quite some other problems, see my other thread.

Gruss werner

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.