Firewall "interactive" option not working

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by huldu, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huldu

huldu Registered Member

I just downloaded the security thing and gave it a try. The problem is that it doesnt give a damn when i select the "interactive" option in the firewall. It goes into full lockdown mode and doesnt even ask me anything it just blocks everything. Ive reinstalled about 3 times and nothing works.

The thing is i know how this is suppose to work when you have the "interactive" mode selected. Every time an application tries to connect our or receive a connection it will pop up a window asking you what to do. The thing is this window never pops up. Ive tried all 3 settings the other two seems to work, but not the "ask user what to do" aka interactive mode. Got no idea what to do.

Anyone have the same problem and managed to solve it? I dont want to sit and manually set every other program. The whole point of asking the user what to do, is what i want :) I could go back to nod32/comodo tho, but i prefer a suite tho, i might be crazy.

2. skypx

skypx Registered Member

After numerous calls/e-mail to tech support I gave up on ESET. KIS 8 is in the final stages of development and should be released "soon". Highly recommended!

3. Bushwacked

Bushwacked Registered Member

I have had similar problems, I noticed that when my firewall "Locks up" I also cannot allow the Web Access Protection to activate. Do you have that problem too?

Also, when you look at your Rules and Zones and then go to Zone Editor and click on the Setup tab, then - go to the Zone tab at the top, do you have 127.0.0.1 and IPV::6 listed as a "Trusted Zone"?

4. Pwntje

Pwntje Registered Member

Same happens here, everything is blocked @ Interactive mode.

Vista x64.

ESET should fix this asap its very annoying.

5. Pwntje

Pwntje Registered Member

WTF, I just reinstalled Vista 32bit and same problem. I tried .650 and .642 what is this for crap. Maybe I should go back to first .621 build damn crap here:mad:

6. Pwntje

Pwntje Registered Member

I had it running on Vista x86.

Then I decided to install Vista x64 -> Didn't worked.

Now went back to Vista x86 because I want ESS -> ESS doesn't work too.

Tried versions:

Neither of them working.

Both Vista installations got SP1 installed with latest updates.
    After that I tried to install ESS.

I'm fed up with ESS now, gonna try Kaspersy Internet Security now, if ESS cannot fix this then bye. :eek:

7. Pwntje

Pwntje Registered Member

Yeah, fixed it at my 32-bit version, installed build .566 and it works :D Gonna try to install x64 now, thank god for the short install times of Vista ;)

Seems the problem lies in build .650.

Download an older build, and make sure you remove everything from ESET on HD as well as in Registry (Software\ESET in LOCAL_MACHINE and CURRENT_USER), ESS is in ProgramData (!) and Program Files by default. Remove ALL **** from ESET, then install an older build, and it should work.

And I also removed everything I installed (Creative and Microsoft drivers) and the updates after SP1, then installed ESS.

Have fun, hope its working for you guys as well, but please ESET fix this ****!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.