Error 112 when writing to archive

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by beethoven, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I am getting Windows Error No 112 "WriteArchime BM: There is not enough space on disk" when trying to update to an archive on an external hd. I am not sure what the reason is as the space issue is not correct. The hd has 80gb with only 20gb currently being used. If I copy / paste an archive via explorer from another hd, there is no problem and the archive fits fine (being only about 6gb in size).

I have my OS separate from my second "inbuilt" hd. This second hd can be used for archive purposes without problem but using FD_ISR I seem to be unable to archive to the external HD. I was hoping to place some additional archives on the external HD just for emergencies.

Any ideas?

2. osip

osip Registered Member

Is the external NTFS ? .....FDISR not compatible with FAT16, FAT32 or Dynamic Disks...

3. beethoven

It is FAT 32 :mad: - does that mean I cannot use it at all? It was only intended as the backup of the backup - could I still use it by copy/paste the archive from the other hd? I tried this before and it seems to work but I have not tested whether the data is correct afterwards?

4. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Just go to Disk Management (start-programs-admin tools-computer management)and format to NTFS.
    However dont forget the disk will be wiped clean when you format.
    Would assume the FDISR archive would have errors or worse if you copy pasted then tried to use it.
    Good call -osip:thumb:

5. beethoven

too bad - I cannot reformat the disk at the moment, too much other stuff I don't want to move. Might have to find another home for these archive-backups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.