Possible installation bug

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by twl845, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi, I decided to try the new v3 build .624 after 2 previous attempts and retreats from of the earlier v3 builds. I downloaded the .exe file and proceeded to install. I was asked to provide my user name and password as I have in the past attempts and continued with the install. As the progress bar went across the screen, it suddenly stopped and the following dialog box came up:
    "Could not write value name key\software/eset\eset security\current version\scheduler\1 Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personel". (cancel) (retry) (ignore)
    I had to cancel, and did the whole thing over again just to be sure I did it all right. The preceding happened again. To make a long story shorter, I tried entering my user name (not real one) AV-000000 without including the dash. That did the trick. Installation completed.
    Then I accessed the GUI window and clicked update definitions. That produced a red message saying my user name or password was wrong. On a hunch I re-inserted the dash in my username, and poof the update went through and my registration renewal date appeared in the window. So as far as I know at this point I'm in, and nothing else has gone wrong. I will go through the options etc. tonight when I have time. I just wanted to alert you ESET people here of that development, as a ESET Beta Tester in the v2.7 thread had told me to do the upgrade and alert you folks if I found a possible bug. Wish me luck. :D

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

did you uninstall v2?
    please tell about OS?
    did you download v3.0.642 trial?

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi, I uninstalled v2 then downloaded the paid for v3.
    XPsp2 home. I've done this 5 times since v3 first came out. As I mentioned .624 shows my expiration date of Sept. 2009, so it took after I added the dash in my user ID.. :)

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Just reporting that the v3.624 build is humming along nicely since it's installation yesterday. I will do a scan today even though I don't need one to see how that goes. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.