12 Active X items of protection are disabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by richardfrey11001, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richardfrey11001

richardfrey11001 Registered Member

Hi,
    I have been experiencing something I want to question. Since the last version of SpywareBlaster and into the 4.0 version, the same 12 items of protection become disabled. That is to say, I will reopen the program to check for updates and find that it says that 12 items of Internet Explorer have been disabled. I will then check for updates and enable all protection. When I return a few days later, those 12 items have been unchecked again.

Hotbar
    UCMore toolbar
    Hotbar 2
    Savenow Download Variant
    Savenow Db Variant
    Savenow WUInst Variant
    Navexcel
    Navexcel 2
    UCMore Variant
    Topicks
    Topicks 2
    Smartshopper
    *Edit to add two more unprotected items:
    Smartshopper (A798E.....)
    Smartshopper (2178C.....)
    Can you tell me what to do next. I have run several on line virus scanners and my Hijackthis looks normal.

*EDIT: I ran the Spybot S&D update program and then ran the locate problems part of that program. There were no problems, but when I came back to SpywareBlaster there were 14 IE items unprotected. I think there is a conflict between the two programs.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. richardfrey11001

Hi,

Yes I do have Spyware Doctor installed on my machine. It is a recent install and may coincide with the time I started having trouble with SpywareBlaster. I will disable it and report back on this to you.

Thanks for the link to a most interesting thread.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

5. richardfrey11001

Spyware Doctor is the culprit. I will leave it turned off until the issue is resolved. The recent protection update to Spyware Doctor must have added the two new unprotected active x items that I attributed to Spybot S&D. That more recent thread is very engrossing. I cant wait to see the next post from PC tools.:D

6. davstar

davstar Registered Member

7. richardfrey11001

Thanks for your input. I am following your thread and look forward to a favorable conclusion; IE, where I can run both programs without conflict.

8. davstar

davstar Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  9. richardfrey11001

:D Thanks for the heads up. I will download latest version and re enable the program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.