Is SpywareBlaster a really good addition to my other protection?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by greyowl, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyowl

greyowl Registered Member

Re: SpywareGuard really needed anymore?

I use AvastHome and SpywareTerminator. I have been considering a firewall,but not sure if it is essential and i don't know which is the best freeware one. I am running Win2000 and don't want to slow down my computer too much as i have only dialup. What would be suggested here?

So, is SpywareBlaster a really good addition to the other protection. What does it do that SpywareTerminator doesn't do.

Thanks for the help.

2. Yochanan

Yochanan Registered Member

A Windows 2000 computer on dial-up without a firewall? Not a good scenario. If you have SP4 installed, at least you theoretically can't get infected within 30 seconds of getting online. I used to use Sygate, but Symantec swalled them up to eliminate competition, so I don't think you can get it anymore. I've heard Comodo is a good free firewall.

I've never used Spyware Terminator, so I couldn't say. But all i've used is SpywareBlaster and Spybot Search & Destroy for years along with NOD32, and haven't had any adware or spyware. I do run the occasional scan with Ad-Aware, but all it finds is some harmless "tracking" cookies.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

SpywareBlaster provides numerous forms of "passive" protection for dozens of different web browsers - helping provide valuable additional layers to your existing security setup. Whereas other programs have to remain running in the background to work, you just set SpywareBlaster's protection and close it - and you're protected. (Just remember to run the program and Check for Updates at least once a week.)

I haven't heard of any problems running it with SpywareTerminator, either - so they should work fine together. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.