How to perform a fully manual unistall

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by guilijan, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guilijan

guilijan Registered Member

Please tell me how or a link to perform a fully manual unistall for Nod 32 3.0.621

Thank you in advance

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

In Safe Mode
    Delete These Folders
    C OR D:\Program Files\ESET
    C OR D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET
    Most Important
    Open regedit.exe In Windows Folders
    Delete These Registry Keys
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET

3. guilijan

Thank you, but only that?
    That's all?

4. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello,

As far as I understand, you tried NOD32 uninstall and it fails ? Or simply it did not clean completely your PC ? I did not uninstall v3, but v2.7 uninstalled fine...
    After uninstalling, may be you will be asked to reboot to finish uninstallation...

I know that some specialized tools exist and are downloadable on the web...

Personaly my tools are :
    -> jv16powertool (or regcleaner v4.3 free)
    -> Ccleaner (free)
    -> Native windows regedit.exe if you do not have other tools...

First, and after uninstall wizard provided by ESET, if some ESET processes are still running, try to kill them...

Launch ccleaner (to delete temporarly files)

Go to program files folder and try to delete ESET folder and all subfolders...
    May be, you will not be able because some dll files still will be registered and maybe some services still actives... If you can't delete all files in the folder, now launch your registry tool (jv16 or regcleaner or regededit.exe, don't forger to save back your registry) and search all registry that matches :
    - ESET
    - NOD32
    - EAV (maybe, but be carrefull, you need to check if they are Eset ones)
    And delete those keys... May be that will be necessary to be done more than once...

Launch Ccleaner onemore time and cleanup registry keys...

Reboot
    And try to delete Eset folder...

Note that is some other dll are still avtives, by searching their name in registry entries, you will find possible remaining eset keys and you will be able to delete them and to reboot one more time...

5. guilijan

Yes I tryed to unistall (I have a licence valid until 8/2008 ) to try other untivirus, and when unistall, it holds and not perform a fully uninstall.

So I wish to make a fully registry search to delate all Nod keys but I think it´s no easy if I dont know what to search.

I did a JV16 check and CCLeaner but I also know that both does a good job but not a full job.

I hope you can understand me.

6. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Yes, despite other applications, and according to my experience, Nod32 is very light and only minimum keys, files and folders are create on target PC...

7. guilijan

Well I think you are wrong, there are many keys and subkeys, ekrn, eset, etc etc.
    Perhaps somebody can give me, just I unistalled my nod32, the email to ask ESET how to do it. I think if I can explain them what happened, with my user and password they can verify my licence and then can help me.
    May by by PM if dont want to post heare.

8. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

Reinstall EAV. Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall it. Revo Uninstaller is free and has a portable version.

thanatos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.