F-Prot Antivirus?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by alloucho, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Thank you for permission on both counts. But I think I'll stay with my present Av solution for now. ;)

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

And probably a violation of the license terms. There is also another "around" involved, called "What goes around, comes around." In other words if your willing to cheat someone else don't be surprised if it comes back home to roost.

Pete

3. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

I've said it before, and I'll say it again--there's a reason that F-PROT is widely respected and carried in many (if not most) PC tech's toolboxes--it's elegant code, it's compact, and it works. IMO, F-PROT for DOS is one of the best AV's ever made.

It's inexpensive, unobtrusive, and does it's job well. :)

4. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

You may very well be right Pete, but EULA states:
    Licensee may use and install the F-PROT Antivirus for Windows software product, the Corporate User version, for the number of computers purchased from FRISK
    Unlike the home version which is clear as far as:
    up to 5 computers in the household
    I'm not trying to suggest anything inappropriate or illicit here, just that I actually read the EULAs. (And no, I don't have F-Prot here nor have I shared it's license :) )
    I would be curious to get clarification from F-Prot.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yes, but note the word licensee. i've got F-prot licenses, and when I buy it if I try the home version and plug in the number I want it always aims me to the corporate version. The number is high because I have 4 physical machines and 3VM machines. But I seriously doubt the intent would be for me to buy the corporate license, and share it with a bunch of my neighbors. They would be different licensees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.