Issues with Guild Wars MMORPG

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by James031, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James031

James031 Registered Member

I am a new subscriber to the forum but starting my second year with NOD 32. Let me first say that being a gamer, why would anyone not use NOD 32? Cheap peace of mind.

I just got my 3.0 password today (another story on wait time) and now I can't play Guild Wars. I know NOD 32 & Guild Wars have always had compatibility issues because they have a trouble shooting guide just for this issue, unfortunately it now needs updating with the new NOD 32 menu. I have added GW to the exlusion file and even gone so far as to defrag the data files in GW. The next recommended move is to turn off IMON filter to port 80. With the old menu that was simple but now I'm lost. Is NOD 32 the problem? It must be because if I turn off the anti-virus I run ok. My error message reads: Your connection to the server was lost or please check your router. My question is: how do I by-pass IMON filter to port 80 and is that ok to do?

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just for future reference, so there's no confusion in understanding, there is no longer an "IMON" with this 3.0 version, simply a proxy.

As for your Guild Wars issue, in a semi recent thread and according to this post, the suggestion by HiTech_boy in this post allowed the 2 to interact properly. Perhaps the suggestion or other suggestions in that thread will alleviate this issue for you.

Bubba

3. James031

Thanks for the thread. I followed it taking Guild Wars off the Web Browser filter with the same results the other person had. It didn't work. I noticed the other user has the same identical problem, if I shut off Nod 32 it works fine. Do you recommend I send a request in to the Techs?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'm not sure which "person" you are speaking of but in the links above that I referenced, the thread starter did get it to work by following HiTech_boy's suggestion. Are you saying you tried what was suggested and it still did not work :doubt:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1129674#post1129674
    bold in quote is my highlight

5. James031

Bubba, thanks for your help. I re-set the filters as suggested and re-booted. It's now working perfectly. What would we do without forums.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I won't let my lovely understanding wife answer that :eek: :argh:

Glad you got it working :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.