SpywareBlaster conflict with SpySweeper?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by david banner, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david banner

david banner Registered Member

Udating SB to 28 Jan definitions I got an alert from SS to say SB was changing my IE7 security settings. I let it run, the SB seemed unresponsive for a while OK now. I accepted the change because SB is safe... was I right?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Yep - no worries. This is caused by SpySweeper being a little overzealous in the way it implements some of its shields, and not checking whether protection is actually increasing vs. decreasing (it considers it all the same, unfortunately).

In fact, you might find it quite a bit faster to first disable the "IE Security Shield" in SpySweeper, enable SpywareBlaster's protection, and then re-enable that shield if you wish. :)

(Also, if you have a chance, it would be greatly appreciated if you could contact Webroot and ask them to take another look at how their IE Security Shield is implemented. There's really no need for them to be blocking everything - just "bad" changes.)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.