ie7pro?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by C.S.J, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

With ie7pro installed, does it now match firefox for speed and security?

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

IE7pro has some real nice options while others are still being developed. The spellcheck and mouse gestures seem more mature than anything offered for firefox. But the ad blocking ability of adblock plus is way ahead of IE7pro's.

I am not what security features IE7pro really adds to internet explorer except for ridding some tracking cookies. Version 2 of IE7pro was just released and has some bug issues. It would be a good idea to check out their forum before deciding to download.

3. TVH

TVH Registered Member

I find ie7 pro's adblocking ability to be just as effective as firefox. Only drawback is that you have to pay for ie7 pro.

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

are you sure, it says 'free download'

5. TVH

TVH Registered Member

Sorry. Its free as well :oops:

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I dont know about speed or security, but ie7pro does add lots of features.

7. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I was using it for the mouse gestures and a few other things, but I found that (somehow) it seems to slow down my browsing. IE7's speed is much better in general for me without IE7Pro. No idea why though.. just an observation on this machine...

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

well, even though the others have themes etc, i think most people use opera/firefox for the fear of crappy security with IE, so has this changed with the introdution of IE7pro?

9. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

IE7Pro has nothing to do with IE7's security.... I think IE7 is much more secure than IE6 was but unfortunately people still hang on to their fear of IE due to IE6's bad reputation.. As far as I've heard and know, 7 is pretty good actually...

But back to the topic, as far as I know, IE7Pro adds nothing to IE in terms of security....

10. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I wish, that IE7Pro would add allow/block cookies/scripts with one click (like NoScript/NoCookie in Firefox), which would be even more secure than allow all in IE.

11. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i cant seem to turn on IE7's protected mode.

it says its on, but says off at the bottom.

is this due to IE7PRO or something else?

when i turn it off, i get a message at the top saying its turned off. (obviously)
    when its turned on, i get no message... but it still says 'Protected Mode: Off' at the bottom.

any clues why?

edit:

nevermind, i answered my own question.

its turned off because prevx vista requires it so, so IE7 has turned off its protected mode. hmm.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  12. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Re: IE7 Pro

I use it and like it for the spell check, ad block, inline search, and plug ins.

Attached Files:

13. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I use it without any problems but there are some in the IE7pro forum who have decided to use an earlier version than the recent 2.0 release because of some issues.

14. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I have used both the older and newer version, but find that it seems to slow down my browsing somewhat, for whatever reason... not sure why, so I don't use it anymore. I mainly wanted it for mouse gestures but decided I could live without that for the sake of improved performance...

15. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I tried it recently but found it buggy. I now use IEplus which offers many of the same features and works smoothly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.