COMODO Memory Firewall 2.0 BETA Released ((previously known as COMODO Memory Guardian

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Coolio10, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

2 Excellent releases in the same day! :D

Haven't tried it myself or even seen what it looks like yet.

Feedback appreciated!

I put the forum link instead of actual download links just incase comodo does not want it public or it needs to be removed.

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Can anyone post a screenshot perhaps? I will wait until the final version comes out, however, I saw that it´s not compatible with SSM and ZAP? I wonder what´s up with this, because the older version (CMG) was running just fine. I sure do hope that the correct working of this tool is not affected. But I´m not ready to dump SSM and ZAP, eventhough anti buffer overflow (BO) is important. I´m also a bit surprised that there´s so little interest in this tool.

3. Coolio10

They must be preparing for the integration into cfp 3. Because comodo firewall cannot work with za or ssm.

4. Coolio10

Heres some screenshots. Very simple looking interface but excellent protection :D.

Attached Files:

5. Coolio10

Couple more!

Attached Files:

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Thanks for the screenshots. Would be a real bummer if I wouldn´t be able to run this app, looks really cool, and from what I´ve read, it´s really able to stop BO´s. Still, I think it´s a bit strange, why didn´t I get any incompatibility warnings with CMG? And what´s the point of releasing such a stand-alone tool when not compatible with other popular products. :mad:

7. Coolio10

I have confirmed my previous answer. Comodo keeps an incompatibility .ini inside all their comodo apps directory which the program reads from for incompatibilities.

It says
    Code:
    [prd12] 
    Name= System Safe Monitor 2.0.8.583
    Incompatibility=Another product which can conflict with Defense+ is installed on this computer.
    Workaround=Install COMODO Firewall Pro as a 'Basic Firewall' or uninstall System Safe Monitor.
    Severity=High
    Status=
    KeyCount=1
    k1=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\System Safety\System Safety Monitor

So in other words they have already prepared for the integration of cmf into cfp. Expect to see it next tuesday according to umesh (comodo staff).

8. Mr. Y

Mr. Y Registered Member

Re: COMODO Memory Firewall 2.0 BETA Released ((previously known as COMODO Memory Guar

Comodo Memory Firewall 2.0 BETA is compatible with the following:

1. Tiny Personal Firewall (TPF)
    2. SSM
    3. RollbackRX 8.1
    4. Altiris (VM software)

It passed 2 of the 3 Comodo BO tests, except the 3rd test which gave the result "Vulnerable".

9. Mr. Y

Mr. Y Registered Member

Re: COMODO Memory Firewall 2.0 BETA Released ((previously known as COMODO Memory Guar

It is not compatible with Comodo BoClean

10. Coolio10

I passed all 3?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.