FDISR Pays For Itself Again

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by twl845, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

You may be aware of the new Comodo V3 Firewall that has just been released. In the last 3 days I have had to retreat 3 times to the previous version 2.4 via FDISR trying to make the new version fly. I had v2.4 on the primary snapshot and the secondary snapshot, so I used the primary Snapshot to install the new version. After having problems with the new version, I booted to the secondary snapshot putting me back on v2.4, and did a copy/update to the primary returning it to v2.4 "like it never happened" 3 times where upon I gave up with the new v3.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Always makes you smile doesn't it, when FDISR, does the perfect bail out for whatever the reason.

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I sent that for your and Erik's enjoyment.:D

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

It is a great feeling that Twl845, knowing that no matter what, you can just wipe it all away.

The other day after I had installed a logging version of a software that didn't work, I thought how on earth am I going to send the logs as when I FD-ISR out of here, the logs will be gone. Then I realised all I had to do was copy the logs to my D drive THEN boot into my secondary and update the mangled primary.

Only C drive changed, my logs were on the D drive although I didn't need them as I managed to get them though before all hell broke lose :)

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

:cool:

Acadia

6. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I used Acronis earlier today to try out FD-ISR. I took the precaution of making a full system image before loading FD-ISR which took me just over a minut and then restored my system to its previously clean position after testing FD-ISR with Returnil.

7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Everyone who is been pulled out of the fire thanks to FD-ISR share those same sentiments. The absolute "POWER" of FD-ISR is unmistakable and undeniable. It literally put my 200GB x 3 Humpty Dumpty all back together again like it was nothing after a severe file infector virus even ruined $ISR.

This program averts a user from any disaster no matter how severe so long as you shelve away for safekeeping ALL your snapshot's archives, and unlike Image Apps it doesn't even need to Verify :D They are intact and complete and all is totally restored again.

Yep, Leapfrog's/Raxco's version proves that it is the ultimate life preserver of any rollback app ever designed. As a bonus it's also like an extension for your system since you can create in reality UNLIMITED snapshots!!! Take that RollbackRx/HDS. They don't in reality really have any corner on snapshot limits when a FD-ISR customer/user exports their snapshots/archives to alternative media/HD's. 10 might be the c:\system limit but an intuitous user knows to extend it's capabilities beyond that so-called limitation.

8. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I wouldnt go as far as to say perfect.. run Glary Utilities with FD-ISR and your shagged :blink: It'll disable it quicker that you can poke a stick at a roo shooter :p
    + the totally unnessesary need to create HUGE snapshots, for instance on my system.. 10.1GB Baseline + 27 Secondary Copy and 27GB Active = 64GB. this isnt meant for desktop PC's, but you, might as well talk to the wall. both Raxco and Leapfrog, and Now HDS all clearly state this on their websites. But whar do they know, :shifty: I mean after all didnt they create the thing :shifty: Oh and before someone chirps in with Archives and whatever.. I guess you like doing things the hard way huh :shifty:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  9. Long View

Not possible
    Glary Utilities must be to blame
    You clearly don't understand - perfection must not be criticized :rolleyes: :cautious: o_O

10. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

What kind of Answer is that :blink: If its not possible and you say Glary must be responsible then obviously it is! possible :cautious:

Oh :cautious: and I dont criticise perfection, or there wouldnt be so many posts about faults/errors/amd everything else thats gone wrong with this PERFECT :rolleyes: program :cautious:

11. Peter2150

It may not be meant for YOUR desktop pc's, but it works fine here, and on a lot of others.

12. Peter2150

I just went and looked at Glary Utilities. The problem isn't FDISR or Glary Utilities, but unneducated users.

1) It has a registry cleaner. FDISR instructions warn folks about using Registry cleaners, but do people read??

2) It deletes duplicate files. Hello, why would anyone create a snapshot which is inherently a duplicate and then run something that deletes duplicate files. Err... that is just plain ignorance.

Pete

13. Long View

Sorry DVD+R Just my poor sense of humor. It tried to indicate at the end by the
    use of :rolleyes: :cautious: o_O that I was taking the Michael. FD-ISR is not a bad program - in fact it is (or was when on sale) a good program BUT it seems to many to have taken on an almost sacred quality and has become almost beyond
    criticism. In some circles it would be safer to call a teddy bear (CENSORED)... than to question the preeminent position of FDISR. At the end of the day it's only a program for ...... sake.

14. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

The other day I installed a new utility. I decided I did not like it & uninstalled it properly with the control panel. What a clunker it took the NTLDR with the uninstall. No problem I boothed to a new snapshot copied the old from my archives & I was back.

15. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi all,

I think that i could make exactly the same post thanking again and again RollbackRx
    :p

MaB

16. Peter2150

If it has done that for you, absolutely. Just no feeling, like realizing somethings hosed, and you can fix it almost immediately.

17. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

FDISR is the very best UNINSTALLER, I ever had.
    FDISR is the very best CLEANING TOOL, I ever had.
    FDISR is the very best REGISTRY CLEANER, I ever had.
    FDISR is the very best group of AV/AS/AT/AK/AR-SCANNERS, I ever had.
    FDISR is the very best TROUBLESHOOTER, I ever had.
    I got my $70.00 many times back.

Reboot and you are back in the mood. :)

18. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Dont Be a Smart Ass.. Who in the Hell are you callin uneducated? Watch your Mouth :mad: Other registry cleaners work fine, for example, RegistryFix (No Problem) XP Repair Pro 2007 (No Problem) Max Registry Cleaner (No Problem) System Cleaner 5 (No Problem) I said GLARY UTILITIES!! what part of that dont you understand!

19. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Exactly.. Its a program and like all programs it has imperfections.. but like you say it does have its worshipers, who will cry blike a B...H when their beloved suddenly doesnt save them :shifty:

20. Peter2150

Speaking of watching your mouth, you are sitting on the razor edge of a fine line yourself.

From the Raxco site.

Registry cleaners such as System Mechanic should not be used to "clean" or delete FirstDefense registry keys.

and from http://www.glaryutilities.com/gu.html

Category
    Modules

Clean Up & Repair Disk Cleaner

Removes junk data from your disks and recovers disk space

Registry Cleaner

Scans and cleans up your registry to improve your system's performance.

Shortcuts Fixer

Corrects the errors in your startmenu & desktop shortcuts

Uninstall Manager

Uninstalls programs completely that you don't need any more

Optimize & Improve
    Startup Manager

Manages programs which run automatically on startup

Memory Optimizer

Monitors and optimizes free memory in the background

Context Menu Manager

Manages the context-menu entries for files, folders...

Privacy & Security
    Tracks Eraser

Erases all the traces,evidences,cookies,internet history and more

File Shredder

Erases files permanently so that no one can recover them

Internet Explorer Assistant

Manages Internet Explorer Add-ons and restores hijacked settings

File Encrypter and Decrypter

Protects your files from unauthorized access and use.

Files & Folders
    Disk Analysis

Shows you the disk space usage of your files and folders

Duplicate Files Finder

Searches for space-wasting and error producing duplicate files

Empty Folders Finder

Finds and removes empty folders in your windows

File Splitter and Joiner

Splits large files into smaller manageable files, and then rejoin them.

System Tools
    Process Manager

Monitors programs that run on your PC and stop spyware and Trojans.

Windows Standard Tools

Provides direct access to the useful windows default functions.

I do understand Glary Utilites, it does have a registry cleaner, and it does have a duplicate file deletion which certainly could wipe out FDISR, as did Erik's delete command.

Running these utilities certainly could damage FDISR, but that isn't the fault of either FDISR or the utilities. It's misuse by the users.

Pete

DVD+R. Replying is fine, but watch your tone.

21. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Oh Really! So its perfectly fine for you to imply people as uneducated and ignorant is it? I think not, dont try and overstep your authority here Peter, I wont stand for it..

Edit: Compalint sent to Paul Wilders.

22. Ragzarok

Ragzarok Registered Member

Geez,

I my-self have tested this program on various system and have had a minor problem with it on one system. But I have better things to do than to be rude about it.
    So congrats, DVD+R. You made the list.

Attached Files:

23. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

DVD+R, you really need to slow down and not jump to conclusions and post just whatever thought hits you when reading posts here.

What Peter actually wrote was "The problem isn't FDISR or Glary Utilities, but uneducated users." That does NOT say "DVD+R, I think you are uneducated". It was a general observation about how users of complicated products often get themselves into trouble by not knowing what they are doing when they choose to run things like Glary utilities, or other regestry or file cleaners, without any idea what the programs actually do.

I'm not even sure why you entered this thread. It was nothing more than a user saying that this product saved them and they were letting people know about it, but, you decided to rain on everyone's parade by cherry picking the word "perfect" out of Peter's reply above, and in your post #8, you had to just tell everyone FD-ISR isn't perfect. Why? Heck, that's even off topic to what this thread was about, and in an official support forum for a product, coming in and putting it down when people are simply talking about it working for them, well that's basically poking a stick at everyone to see if you can upset them.

Anyway, if you choose to read insults in everything posted to you here, then, start looking at what you yourself are posting first and don't just assume everyone is against you. You are bringing these things upon yourself by misinterpreting what's written and then writing a reply that assumes an attack was made.

I was going to simply remove almost all posts starting from DVD+R's post #8 above, as "off topic" which they were, but, since DVD+R decided to blow it out of proportion here in the thread, we'll leave it all and close it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.