ATI 11 8053 Doesn't Run Tasks

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kdee, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Lin

Ed Lin Registered Member

I had this problem as well with TI11. Seems TI11 installs, at least for me, with backup priority set to "low". I set the default to "high" and the scheduling works. I'd also been running the SETI from Home/Boinc screen saver which eats a lot of processor cycles. As such, T1 probably didn't have a chance while set to low.

Ed Lin, D.O.S.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

This is an intersting point about ATI11 why the scheudling might not be working for some but is for others.

3. btobw

btobw Registered Member

Sorry hronk, but this doesn't solve the problem. Sure, it gets the backups done, but the problem is I bought ATI on the basis of their advertising:

Set and forget
    Configure it once and perform backups automatically.​

My computer (XP SP2) never sleeps.

However ...

I disabled Windows scheduler and went back to the ATI scheduler, changing the task priority to 'high'. It has now run two mornings in a row! This is a first for me. I still don't trust it yet, but it is looking more hopeful. Thanks Ed Lin!

I have a support ticket in with Acronis, so I'm forwarding this posting on to them.

Cheers
    Dianne

4. btobw

btobw Registered Member

Sadly, the ATI scheduler didn't run three mornings in a row, even with priority set to high. Back to Windows scheduler, I guess.

5. kentmcpherson

kentmcpherson Registered Member

I thought there was hope here too but no such luck. My C drive backup task which runs was set to high priority where my D drive backup was normal. My C drive backup runs and D drive does not. I tried changing the D drive task to high priority but it did not run.

There is a work-around however. In another thread here, there was a description of how to set up Windows task scheduler to run the script and that is working so my D drive is covered. But I'd rather have Acronis fix this.

6. Ed Lin

Ed Lin Registered Member

Unfortunately, my resolution with setting the backup priority to "high" only worked a few days as well.

Sorry, but it's back to square one. :'(

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

That scheduled tasks starting working might not have been do to the priority setting but only coincidental to it. Sometimes editing a task will get them working again for a few days.

8. Kdee

Kdee Registered Member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  9. btobw

btobw Registered Member

I think help is on the way. Acronis gave me a patch last weekend, which I have been testing ever since. With the patch, the Acronis scheduler has worked flawlessly for 8 days, making daily 4am backups. I rebooted once in this time - it has made 6 backups since the reboot, and I have not edited the task at all.

Prior to this, ver 11 hasn't done more than two consecutive backups, so I am about to email Acronis to let them know.

As some people have reported going quite a few days before encountering a failure, I was waiting for at least a week's worth of backups before exhibiting too much confidence.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  10. kentmcpherson

So how about it Acronis? When can the rest of us get this patch?

11. dcgann

dcgann Registered Member

I have had the problem of scheduled jobs not running for no reason for some time and Acronis Tech Support sent me the following instructions along with an updated scheduler, which is attached - PLEASE RENAME FROM .TXT to .ZIP and uncompress). So far, it has worked.

Instructions from Acronis Tech Support:

1. Completely un-install any versions of Acronis True Image Home.

2. Delete all the files in the following folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\[Your account Name]\Local Settings\Temp

3. After cleaning the Temp directory, please reboot the computer.

4. Install Acronis True Image 11 Home again to the default folder.

5. After that could you please download and run the attached install.bat file?
    (This is the updated scheduler.)

Ref Acronis Case #1318376.

Thanks,

Dave

Attached Files:

12. btobw

btobw Registered Member

My instructions from tech support were much simpler:

Could you please try to install upgrade for Acronis Scheduler? It could resolve
    the issue. You need to unpack the files in attachment and launch .bat file.

View attachment update_scheduler.txt

As with dcgann's attachment, PLEASE RENAME FROM .TXT to .ZIP. These may be the same files as in Dave's attachment (schedmgr.exe is dated 31 Jan 2008 2:51pm).

Acronis Ref #1282062

Cheers
    Dianne

13. Rippy

Rippy Registered Member

Here's what I noticed. The tasks I have scheduled to run either at Startup or after a specific time interval (e.g. every 16 hours) seem to run fine. However, tasks I have scheduled to run on a specific day of the week and time don't always run as scheduled, and I'll have to run them manually later.

14. ragkag

ragkag Registered Member

I too am having the same issue. I upgrade to TI11 quite awhile ago and the scheduling never worked. I went through too many hoops with tech support so I just reverted back to TI10 and everything was fine. Just yesterday, I decided to revisit TI11. I uninstalled TI10, cleaned out all folders, task, backup locations, etc., then installed TI11. I did some testing with the scheduler and all "seemed" to be OK so I set up some scheduling for this morning. You guessed it.. none of the schedules kicked off and I am back with TI10. I am really surprised Acronis has not issued a fix for this. Based on this forum, there are way too many users with the same problem. I really
    like this backup program but...

15. kentmcpherson

I followed the instructions in post #37 of this thread and both of my scheduled tasks are now running. :D

16. ToyMaker

ToyMaker Registered Member

I've been using ATI 11 since it came out with no problems until last week. One of my schedules decided not to work anymore. I tried tons of thing to make it work, nothing would make it work from one day to the next. Yesterday I uninstalled ATI 11 8053, removed all Acronis folders I could find, ran a registry cleaner and reinstalled. The same schedule that had stopped working still will not work.
    The schedule in question is a daily incremental that should run every 3 hours starting at midnight. It will run on the day created with no problems every 3 hours up to 12AM then nothing. The 3AM task just never runs and they is not a log for it either.
    Some of the wierd things I noticed about this sdhedule when setting it up is the checkbox for "Repeat this task every" is greyed out and always set on 2 hours, even after I changed it to 3 hours. If I close ATI and reopen it the box might not be greyed out. So I reset it to 3 hours, instead of 2 hours. Close ATI and reopen it. When I select "Change Task Schedule" the "Repeat this task every" may or may not be greyed out, but it's always set to 2 hours. You would think if I set it to 3 hours you would be able to see that the next time.
    Sorry this is so long. Been using ATI since version 8, now I'm using ATI 11 8053.

17. ToyMaker

Just a follow up. I tried the tip from post #37 and I still have the same problem. The task ran every 3 hours until midnight. After running at midnight it did not run again a 3AM or 6AM.

Any more ideas? Anyone? I feel naked without my back safety net...:doubt:

18. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

I've updated our Help Thread and added the instructions and the link to the updated version of Acronis scheduler. Please download that fix and follow the instructions, it should fix the issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

19. ToyMaker

I tried the updated scheduler and it didn't fix the problem. As always, my task runs every 3 hours until midnight, then after it runs at midnight it does not run again until I run it manually.

20. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ToyMaker,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

- Download schedmgr.exe application;
    - Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);
    - Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;
    - Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (schedmgr.exe) once more;
    - Issue the following command:

set logflags support

- Schedule backup creation once again;
    - Wait until the scheduled backup will fail;
    - Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common
    Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder;

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

21. old_s13

old_s13 Registered Member

Seems to be working so far (crossing fingers)....

Add me to the list of people that had problems with the scheduler though. It was an interesting problem, because the task would be listed as "waiting" when the scheduler would crash. I'de terminate the scheduler process and it would work for another couple days until next lockup.

New scheduler seems OK though...

22. old_s13

old_s13 Registered Member

Checked todays backup and it didnt perform the task.

Opened True Image and the task is listed as "waiting" - I cannot even manually run the task, the run icon is greyed out.

Running v9.5_8072 on Windows 2003 Server. :-(

Attached Files:

23. Lynnea

Lynnea Registered Member

I just reported my scheduled backup problem to tech support (Acronis 11, build 8053). I have a new Windows Ultimate 64-bit machine which has a power plan of never sleeping. I finally created a correct task and schedule for 1 full backup after 6 incremental backups. The full backup and the first incremental backup were accomplished. The third incremental did not happen. I downloaded and ran the updated verson of Acronis Scheduler, restarted, and edited the scheduled task per the instructions listed under "How to fix scheduled tasks issue" included in the sticky "Product links...". I will see if the Acronis runs properly.

I am becoming less willing to spend any more time figuring out how to make this program work. I am better understanding why some people on the DAM forum http://thedambook.com/smf/index.php?board=4.0 use Acronis for imaging the hard drive only and another program for scheduling data backups. I had hoped Acronis would suffice for both actions.

Email support has not proven to be very helpful. The responses are very general, and it seems to me that the content of my email is never really read. I have had better success with Live Chat. I also have better responses from Gene Barlow at www.ugr.com. It all fairness to Acronis I think it it more appropriate to seek out assistance from the company's technical support first before asking another party for assistance, but, at this point, I will seek out help from any avenue available to me.

I can be counted as a disappointed user.
    Lynnea

3-15-08
    I did get a reply from email support--was asked to send a snaphop of the backup location--which I did--then no response.

Backup ran for one day this time and then stopped. This is just terrible. What a waste of time for us all. I have to bail out on this program for backing up data.

Lynnea

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  24. Lynnea

Lynnea Registered Member

3-20-08
    Acronis ran a full backup and 3 incremental backups and then stopped.

My husband tried to understand the directions provided by email tech support for sending the schedule manager log file. We also looked at the information in the Please Read Before You Post.

The directions are simply not clearly written.

I am giving up on Acronis as data backup. I will use it to create as a monthly (or whatevery schedule makes sense) system image. That is all.

I will now try out Genie for data backup. It is rated very highly.

The amount of time I have spent on trying to make this software work is too much. It simply isn't worth going through troubleshooting hoops when too many people are reporting the same problems with scheduling.

Lynnea

25. Hard_Warrior

Hard_Warrior Registered Member

I'm running TI 11 8053 on Vista64U and frankly I'm getting tired of the added hassle as well. I use an admin account and my scheduled TI task tells me that I'm using the wrong PW to launch my tasks. The problem is that I have NO idea what that PW might be. I haven't forgotten it, I simply don't use any on my home machine. How about a check box that says: "Don't use credentials, just run the damn task." This product IS billed as a Home version, yes?

If anyone can offer some simple advice on how I can correct this annoying problem I'd really appreciate it. Also, I've already installed the schedule fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.