Nod32 3.0.563 sucks

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cdx304, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdx304

cdx304 Registered Member

:thumbd: :mad: I have alot of problems with Nod32 3.0.563 with web browser and utorrent and networking .So i uninstalled it and installed 2.7 and now no problems so i think version 3.0 was out way to early .If there is any problems with 2.7 i am going back to my old favorate Kaspersky 7 the only problem kaspersky is it's slower than nod32 but the virus detections is alot better in Kaspersky .:thumbd: :thumbd:

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

If you want someone to take some time to perhaps debug your problem, providing a bit of information on the specifics would certainly help. What was the nature of the issue? Complete lack of connectivity? Stability? Something else?

Blue

3. poutine

poutine Registered Member

And your question is what exactly o_O

4. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

+1

Yeah I hear you.

And if ESET's testing was thorough enough then we wouldn't have to point out blatant bugs which equated to broken features.

5. Hillsboro

Hillsboro Registered Member

I don't know if you are using the suite with the firewall or just the AV. For me is has worked as advertised. No problems. But I am just using the AV. I have yet to find a suite that isn't problems. I run Nod32 for the AV and Jetico FW along with a hips program. Torrents, VPN, Firefox all work without problem as they always have. With that said I think the suite is going to be a disaster as it is with every other do all, but do nothing well suite. Bottom line is there are no easy all-in-one solutions. And if you want a firewall that does what a firewall is suppose to then there is a steep, but worthwhile learning curve invloved that will give you total control of what gets access to the net and what doesn't. The AV pickups what the firewall misses

6. Katril

Katril Registered Member

YEah from what Ive been hearing it has put a damper on the movie thieves out there.

But overall the product has worked great for me. :D

7. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

You are an fricken idiot. Do you think people don't use torrents for legal transfers?

8. TJP

TJP Registered Member

Charming. How to win friends & influence peole....:p

I share in the disappointment that some posters have toward version 3 however threads such as this one help Eset improve their products how exactly?

If you take the time to post your grievances, perhaps you could also take the time to provide the forum with some information on the issues you have encountered as BlueZannetti suggested.

By posters doing this early on, Eset was able to remove issues such as images not displaying & problems with video stream scanning with the release of 3.0.563.

Cheers.

9. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

I've seen a few people report this yet I have no such problems. Using µTorrent as we 'speak,' I'm browsing away quite fine so not sure if it's solely NOD32 V3 that is the problem. Maybe it's in the configuration, I don't know.

I'm on XP Home
    Comodo Firewall V2.4.18.184
    NOD32 V3.0.563.0

What version of µTorrent are you using? I'm using 1.61

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.