Trouble with graphics on Control Center

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by BG, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BG

BG Registered Member

I recently upgraded my Nvidia drivers to 5303 WHQL. Now when I first boot up Nod looks like the pic below. I shutdown Nod Control center and restart and everythings back to normal. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

• Nod.JPG
      Nod.JPG
      File size:
      56.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

BG,

Give this one a try:

Open the Control Center > System Tools > NOD32 setup > disable use of graphics.

regards.

paul

3. BG

BG Registered Member

This makes the left pane like the right. I really like the graphics. When I reenable the use of graphics the right pane pops back to graphic mode. The pic above only occurs @ boot up and requires me to change it every time.

4. Paul Wilders

BG,

I suggest dropping support@eset.com an email, explaining the situation.

regards.

paul

5. BG

BG Registered Member

Done.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I tried exactly the same, but cannot get the pane displayed improperly :-( Maybe the problem is related to the particular graphic card, not only to the NVIDIA unified drivers.

7. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Do you try to uninstall and reinstall NOD32?
    Maybe this can help you.

8. BG

BG Registered Member

I just decided to roll back the drivers to 5216 and all is well again. The card was a GeForce 4 MX 440.

9. Paul Wilders

BG,

Glad to hear you've located the culprit and solved the problem ;)

regards.

paul

10. docfleetwood

docfleetwood Registered Member

I have the exact same problem with a GEForce MX 420 and I did not install any new drivers. I did not have this problem previously but now I do. And it only happens when I restart Windows and goes away if I restart the Nod control center. Is it possible some type of graphics driver is loading after the nod control center so its graphics don't display correctly??

Tom

11. SaphireX

SaphireX Registered Member

Hey Guys

Even though you uninstall your Nvidia Forceware drivers via the Control Panel and reboot before you install the latest "Forceware"...chances are that there are "leftover" drivers ect that the uninstaller misses.

The best FREE utility to completely remove most AGP card (Nvidia, ATI...ect ect) drivers and regkeys as well as clean out the CAB files is DriveCleaner Professional

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Just make SURE! that you follow the directions to the letter in uninstalling your "old" drivers and the process to clean your CAB files as well as delete the leftover remnants ....

Hope this helps

Saphire

ps: If you are running XP SP2 make sure that you select the correct SP2 CAB when you do the CAB Cleaner step

12. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I have the same problem on one win2k3 server - given that it's a server and I only ever access it via remote desktop access, I never gave it much thought, but the problem only occurred when the M$ nvidia drivers were used.

If the drivers are at fault - how is that a NOD32 problem?

On machines where I have NOD32 and nvidia cards using the nvidia released drivers (not signed), the problem doesn't occur - leading me to once again conclude that it's a driver related issue. Hope this gives the Eset some info to take a look, but it's not a functionality issue for me.

hth

Greg Hewitt-Long

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.