[BUG] Network drives, Network shares and mapped drives

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by andy2008, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy2008

andy2008 Registered Member

Hi

Whilst testing 3.0.551 NOD32 AV i noticed the following error occuring in the event viewer. It happens whenever i access a mapped drive or network share. Ive noticed also this error occurring when i try and right click on some files in a network share or mapped network drive. When right clicking the right click doesnt appear, and explorer freezes. I have been able to duplicate this on both my laptop and desktop computer. Hope it can be fixed :thumb:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  2. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

same problem here except im using ESS 3.0.551
    with ess installed if i click "my network places" i get "workgroup is not accessible "
    however any mapped drives and shortcuts to network folders still work fine

i can temporarily fix it by switching firewall mode to automatic & then rebooting, but then after an hour or so even in automatic mode the error re-appears

also to add to your post, i get the same error in event viewer, and in ESS log
    "03/11/2007 14:12:28 Incorrect IP packet checksum 0 "

that above entry appears exactly every 2mins & 8 seconds. and eset were sure that was a bug of my PC not their software

i had reported this in beta1, beta2 & rc1 and was assured by email from eset that it was "reproduced & fixed in the next version"
    but obviously it isnt fixed, as in 3.0.551 i still get the same problem

3. andy2008

andy2008 Registered Member

well this was in nod32 AV 3.0.551 :D nothing particularly special about mysetup. Basically 3 desktop pc's and 2 laptops which access files on a windows server 2003 file server. I wasnt expecting to see a problem with network shares though. :ouch:

4. GAN

GAN Registered Member

I have the exact same problem using nod32 3.0.551 as described here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=189911

Tried on two different computers with the same result. I do not have any problems accessing shares though so the only issue is that i see a lot of errors in the event log and connecting to shares and mapping drives work just fine.

I think the post from kC about the "workgroup is not accessible" problem is another issue with ESS (firewall) only and not a problem using NOD32. Every post i read about this issue is users using ESS and not NOD32.

5. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

Reproducible here. :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.