ATI 11 works perfect thread

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by woko, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woko

woko Registered Member

Hi,

just purchased my TI 11 yesterday. After buyeing T11 I read the (mostly negative) posts in this forum here, I didnt install T11.
    After sleeping one night I decide to install T11V8.027 to verify if it is running on my System or not.

PC Specs are:
    AMD X2 4800, Nfore4 SLI Chipset, Asus A8nSLI deluxe, 2 WD Raptor 75 GB, 1 WD 320 GB JD, 1 WD 80 GB JD, all Disks use a seperate SATA Channel (no RAID), ATI X1900XT, 2 Plextor DVD drives, Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

After deinstalling ATI 10, install of ATI 11 works without any issues. Following Tasks where checked:

Creating new, larger SecureZone: passed.
    Activate Recovery Manager: passed.
    Creating Bootable CD/DVD: passed.
    Boot fom RecoveryManager useing F11: passed.
    Boot from BootableDVD: passed
    Useing old Backup Archives (rules) from TI 10: passed.
    Creating schedueled Tasks: passed.

Testing Try&Decide: passed.
    Create manuell Backup of C:/ : passed.
    Create schedueled Backup: passed.
    Validate backup: passed.
    Create Backup via network from WinXP PC: passed

And finaly:

Restore C:/ useing recovery manager: passed.

(only the “vista shutdown failure bug” is still there, but it works fine in ATI 10 with this message, so I don´t worry about that.)

Conclusion: perfekt work Acronis! Never had a new version of Acronis since V8 that works so perfekt out of the box ,even useing Vista ^^ !!

I write this post, cause normaly no one who has no problems with ATI 11 writes in this forum ^^ and as I did, a lot of peoble reading this forum must be thinking ATI 11 is a bunch of bull.

I wish erveryone here that they sort out their problems soon.

greetings

2. Pineman

Pineman Registered Member

I also was a bit concerned after reading all of the other threads but it loaded perfectly and runs perfectly.

No complaints whatsoever.

3. Zecke

Zecke Registered Member

@woko

Please try to run the following features:

a) Make a Backup of your eMail (Outlook)

b) Make a Backup of your Settings (programs)

The features you used are working fine even on my computer, but I can't backup my Outlook or save my settings of my installed programs. This all worked fine under TI10, but not TI11.

Please tell me!

Best regards
    Zecke

4. woko

woko Registered Member

hi zecke

a) can´t backup outlook cause I am useing windows live hotmail beta (offline version) . So I save the specific mail-folder (drive d:/) from hotmail with a normal task. That works well.

b) Saveing settings (programms) works well. backup and restore without any problems.

regards

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

TI 11 installed and running great on my system, as usual. I'm quite pleased with this new version. The boot manager loads super quick now, backup/restore is quick and i like the new try&decide feature. Good stuff!

6. Zecke

Zecke Registered Member

@woko

Do you use MS Office 2007 or lower version?

best regards

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I think the boot loads quicker because it has a new version of linux, which also might be the reason for the problems with various system setups on which prior versions of ATI work but 11 does not.

8. Pineman

Pineman Registered Member

I am using Office 2007 and had no problem making a back up of Outlook, which is my default email client.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  9. woko

woko Registered Member

I am useing Office 2003 full version and 2007 30-days-trail, `but didn´t configured outlook for useing as e-mail client.

10. StardustOne

StardustOne Registered Member

Try a recovery on a system with ULI M1575 RAID chipset, TI 11 is not able to see the RAID array (it sees 2 separate disks). It is unable to restore a TI image on a RAID system with ULI M1575 and there are people who have issues with their Intel raids as well.

TI 11 is full of issues and I refuse to do beta testing for acronis. I have even severe startup delay issues with TI 11 on a newly and fresh Windows XP with SP2. After the login, the system is waiting for some drivers to being loaded and this is solely related to TI 11. I removed TI 11 and installed TI 10 on the same system, no startup delay at all, the xp desktop is shown instantly.

The only thing TI 11 does perfectly now is cloning of Windows Vista disks. This was not possible with TI 10.

11. TENMMIKE

TENMMIKE Registered Member

working great for me and much easier to use.then 10 ( at least to me) 10 was a pain , im
    much happier already, (ms xp sp2, 1 gig ram amd xp2200 cpu ,msi KT3U mobo with via kt333 and VIA VT8235 CHIPSETS, 1W.D HDD X 120 GB ATA , 1X 60 GB HDD ATA samsung , ATI radion 9700P VID CARD no raid)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  12. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Glad to see TI11 is not a disaster for everyone.

I wish people would post their motherboard models in their problem posts - it could possibly be enlightening.

13. Neoxellos

Neoxellos Registered Member

My first impressions of TI11 are positive. In my opinion TI8 was great, I skipped TI9, and TI10 came with problems for me wich were never solved. Like the outlook backup problem and the recovery disk where I only could get my mouse to work with the usbmouse=off workaround.

But with TI11 I finaly could create a recovery disk with mouse working. I also managed to make a backup of outlook. Something I couldn't with the first release of TI10, it simply crashed. And I believe I like the new interface. Some hate it but I like it.
    Still, in my opinion it is rediculous we have to pay for an upgrade that finaly does the job it was supposed to do in the first place!

14. dudely

dudely Registered Member

I purchased TI-11 after trying the trial version. I have a Raid 0 striped setup for my op sys drive, was Raid 1 but after having to reinstall due to Ghost 9 not being able to restore backups to it... I am now using True Image 11 Home. Not sure what to do with the ghost backup files now that I had to reinstall everything again from scratch.

I was concerned after reading through this forum about Raids not being restored to or properly backed up. I tested the Trial, created a boot cd with the trial and restarted my system. After the boot disc came online it immediately saw my Raid 0 setup. Was one HD not two like some have reported happening.

The trial boot disc you can't create backups but you can restore them. I then rebooted into windows and created a backup of my temporary installation of windows. I rebooted the system again and deleted the Raid, then I created a new one.

Rebooted using the boot disc the Trial version of TI 11 created and restored the Raid 0 drive from the backup I created. Rebooted.

WOW! It only took 5 or 6 minutes to restore the drive and the system booted normally. Everything seemed to be exactly as I had it before I destroyed the Raid. Mouse worked, video worked, audio, internet everything.

That was my main thing was that True Image would be able to backup and restore to my Raid.

I have an Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard with the onboard Nvidia chips controlling the raid and what not. I am not too up on Intel vs Nvidia vs whatever. All I know is that TrueImage worked well for me with the Trial version.

I do NOT have prior experience with Acronis software. I had some back and forth with some of the support staff in email while I was testing the Trial. Wasn't too impressed with the support level but if the software did what I needed I don't care really.

I read through the forum about other software that maybe better and less bells whistles. I just don't have the time to research and try out multiple software when I was actually using something in Trial version that did exactly what I needed. I went ahead and purchased.

My System Stats:

Windows XP Pro sp2
    Asus P5N-E SLI
    Nvidia Geoforce 8600 GT Video Card <- mainly for my dual wide screen LCD's
    3Gig Ram
    2.4Ghz e6600 Duo Core Intel Processor
    Raid 0 - 2 Raptor 150Gb drives
    internal 400Gb Sata drive for work files and backup
    external USB HD 500Gb for backup

All I can say is that the problems everyone seems to have with Raid are not a problem with my system. TrueImage 11 Home works beautifully for backing up and restoring. I personally would never use the secure zone backup feature though I am currently testing the Try&Decide feature. My first understanding was that it created an exact duplicate of the system and ran it from the new partition it creates.

After looking at it closely and the actual amount of space that is used up I believe it just creates a system restore type of thing. When it reboots it just rewrites the effected files. That is why you can choose to have it watch all your drives or partitions or just the one the op sys is on. Don't hold me to this, I could be wrong, it is just an observation I have made after looking more closely at the partition it created.

I like the idea of the application settings backup but they are very limited to the applications and versions of applications that TI-11 knows about.

I personally am taking snap shots, well actualy the whole registry exported, with each software I install. This way I can grab the registry sections for each software and create batch files or whatever for each individual software.

I use Thunderbird for my email and all the email and settings are stored in a specific folder in the application data folder of the user account within XP. Just backup that folder and you are done. I would expect outlook and other email software to store emails in a similar folder. I will be installing Office 2003 later, I will check, that is if I decide to install outlook.

If you do a full backup of your operating system drive or partition all your settings and files go with it. At least that is how it was with the backup I did, everything was restored.

I did not do the sector by sector backup but I did a sector by sector restore. Not sure the difference when you don't check the sector by sector backup but do with the restore. Anyway it worked for me.

I am just happy that I found a backup software that works with my Raid drive(s). I am not too sure on somethings in 11 but the important stuff does work. There was a recent update released for 11 and that is the one I am using. Not sure if the ones reporting the problems are using older versions of TI 11 or not but the one for september 18 I think it is, works fine for my Raid 0.

15. d.chatten

d.chatten Registered Member

Or they could create a signature that contains all relivant information relating to hardware and OS/OS's :D

16. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software and for all your warm comments.

The only thing to mention is that our Development Team is working hard on making our products more and more reliable and if one whenever has a compatibility or any other issue with Acronis True Image 11 Home please contact us via web form with the details and we will do everything possible to help each Acronis customer as soon as possible.

We are always at your service should you have any questions concerning Acronis products and solutions.

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

17. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The only build ACronis has isted as available is 8027, which is the same build as originally released. What build do you have?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.