DiamondCS

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by G1111, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

Well screenshots would suggest software is in action but as you might well all be aware they can be faked:eek:

http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14547&PID=69256#69256
    EP has called him out over alledged detection of phide_ex.sys

I brought this across to challenge whomever is posting on behalf of DCS here and so far they have disappeared off the face of the planet again:blink:

So for all the tea in China or goodwill extended here@ Wilders then DCS vanishing act after initial software launch and publication of faked screenshot to support product must be ringing some alarm bells or do you have selective hearing ?

2. Dwarden

Dwarden Registered Member

i was also wondering why DCS vanished off the face of earth (PG,PE,TDS-3 weren't so bad as i know worse)

i'm looking on the DSE ...:eek: :blink: :gack: o_O :cautious:
    so let me put it this way 'if it's true' it will be something like

RKU, GMER and UPM combined into one ?

if not i really fear that there is still lot of work needed :doubt:

some official words from Wayne about the subject would be nice ideally with some sort of 'features' comparsion list
    same goes about obsolete builds on website, licenses not reaching people etc.
    or why not improve PG so it's at least on par with SSM ?
    what about some info on main website with some sorry for these who deserve it?

p.s. list of supported systems is missing Windows Server 2008 :)

p.p.s. what i fear is that the site is run by someone 'unknown' who got access to same (hell even that not needed if you control the domain) email used by Wayne to register on this forum ...
    or i'm just overspeculating and DCS is trying 'another' mystical return to vanish again

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  3. controler

controler Guest

They have Deep System Explorer avaliable for download so those that what to try it on rootkits can. I don't know if it is a limited funtional version.

4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Gerard

5. controler

controler Guest

From what I see the only thing not avaliable is the autostart stuff

On my machine it shows

But then it looks a bit complicated to use right now without reading the help file ect.

6. dendrobates

dendrobates Registered Member

That is because it is a beta, the option is there but greyed out because of the fact that it is not the full version, the same with some other stuff.

However you get a pretty good idea what is does, and ... i think i will order DSE..

The only thing i have missed are things like BHO's etc.

Cool program Wayne, congrats ! :thumb:

7. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

I tested that rootkin scans and it freezes my system twice. Then I give up...

8. controler

controler Guest

dendrobates
    Infrequent Poster

You let us know how that works out for you. Tell us if you bought the standard or Pro version. ***wink***

con

9. dendrobates

Hi Controler, i did, i have paid, and let you know!

so for all the others .....

here is the guy who actually took the risk , even AFTER he has read all about DCS here to PAY them ..

What is $44 these days , i can't hardly buy a cup of coffee here for that ....
    :D

btw .. for the record, i was one of the first to buy TDS-3 , so i know DCS for a while ..

10. controler

controler Guest

dendrobates

Did you purchase the Pro version for that price? I am assuming you did.
    I could not get the help file to open at all in the trial version.
    You were one of the first to buy TDS-3? Then you must have been one or the original 1000 members here? Did you have a different nickname back then?

Yes 44 bucks will buy you a gallon of gas here now :'(

11. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

Has Jooske rung in on this ? I'd be very interested
    to hear her opinion.

12. controler

controler Guest

Does she even still come to Wilders?

Anybody else buy the DSE yet & if so how is that treating you?

13. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Not since September 21st, 2007.

14. dendrobates

WARNING!

Just to let you guys know, i paid (May 21th) but did NOT receive the license (Yet).
    Even after sending several mails, i am not sure what is going on, but
    i took some steps to prevent that other future buyers will have the same problems.

If the license should arrive i will edit this post, because there can always be a good reason for the delay.

So, Be Careful out there!

btw Don't worry i know what i am doing ;)

15. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Well somebody has to be sacrificial lamb.... :D

16. dave88

dave88 Registered Member

If this is really a revival of DCS by Wayne, I do not think he would neglect this thread. I agree with others, this smells a bit fishy.

I still really like and use Processguard full with Kerio 2.15 on my laptop, it is super light and effective combination.

17. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

My opinion, for what it is worth- If diamondcs.com.au or whatever they are now is still refusing to send license keys to people who purchased them then the site needs to be listed as a scam site and their products need to be listed as rogue.

18. dendrobates

I don't mind do be that in this case, for the Wilders Security community here

PayPal is investigating the claim now, they have tried to contact DiamondCS and are waiting their response.
    DCS still has some days to respond, if not they will have a problem
    I expect that PayPal will stop accepting money for them, and with the result of the investigation i
    will contact McAfee (site adviser) FireTrust (SiteHound) Google etc.

But there still can be a valid reason why Wayne couldn't send out a license.
    And if he will do so within the given days, i will post that here in this thread.

In the meantime, i am personally convinced that Wayne is not able to send out a license.
    Because his company registration is still valid and it would be bad for his business if he just did not.

Of course the major part of the future buyers will read this thread here.

But it is very strange that the website is still worked on every now and then, and that Wayne posted here on May 1th, answered
    email that day, from the correct account , and the website still has the correct IP's etc.
    He was active in other forums as well that day.
    And suddenly he is gone again? No response at all on mails etc.
    So if he is not able to answer mails, it is not a good idea to purchase a license now, until that is changed.

Anyway, i don't really worry about that money, for me it is a matter of principle, my company has purchased a license
    and did not receive it. Our laywers can handle this, we have a company insurance for that.

Perhaps, we will receive the license this week, because he was ill or things happened in his family,
    that would be a very good reasons, nothing wrong in that case.

We will soon know.

The long thread DiamondCS will continue ..

19. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Dendrobates, I went thru the same thing and followed the same steps you did a month or so ago with Processguard. I was able to get my money back after Pay Pal could not make contact with Diamond CS.

20. McTavish

McTavish Registered Member

I’ve been following this thread with interest and do get the feeling that it is Wayne. There is no denying he is a coding genius and has produced some of the best Windows apps around. I still use and depend on PG and PE for most of my security.

I know from experience that when you get focused and involved on a big project that weeks or even months can go by and everything else is a distraction and so can get neglected. Anyone who has had experience of Wayne should know that he seemed to just pop up for short periods and could often be moody and reluctant to have to try and explain himself. Marketing and customer relations was never one of his strong points. This all has the feeling of Wayne and DSE sure sounds and feels like his. The one thing absent is his usual style to the GUI, but perhaps that is one of the things he is working on.

Hope you are well Wayne.

21. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

This "coding genius" should hire a customer care guru. No, in fact it doesn't even need to be a guru, a bog standard college dropout couldn't do a worse job.

My 4 year old son has better manners and that's what business basically boils down to at the most fundamental level. Trust and respect for your customers and they cost nothing and are worth more to your company than any product you'll ever make.

22. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

I doubt dendrobates ever bought a license...

I mean who would buy a license from anyone who is known to be dodgy and fraudulent...

I think dendrobates is just spreading FUD by making up a story about a bogus purchase from Diamondcs...

23. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

This is more intriguing then a good mystery flick.

The saga continues and this phantom whether or not is fact or fiction is perhaps the highest rated thread, surely near the longest, that i think i can ever remember.

For whatever it's worth, there should be a strict time limit on how long after forwarding for your buy in whatever fashion it requires, PayPal, etc. then an automatic refund should ensue, fairly returning your purchase price promptly.

In the matter of this DiamondCS, this thing is likely to drag on for the foreseeable future, but it's good to know someone is taken hard action to make darn sure this thing finally gets addressed with the undeniable facts.

EASTER

24. Teknokrat

Teknokrat Registered Member

Out of sheer curiousity:
    Why do you think he would make that story up?
    Has anyone else here tried to purchase anything from DCS since its "supposed" revival recently? I mean, if someone had and had been screwed I would also question dendrobates but I can honestly see no reason to accuse him of lying now?

regards,
    T

Fighting the heat with Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout :thumb:

25. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

The problem is that diamondCS used to be a company where it was safe to buy a license.

After Jason and Gavin left, Wayne got a traffic accident ,and the fact is that
    after 2006 there were several problems with the delivery of licenses etc.

If you had purchased a some licenses before 2006 and never had a problem,
    it is logical that you don' t expect problems.

But now, if there was no problem with DiamondCS , you could expect a reaction of Wayne on this thread.

Since he did not respond, i am sure there are some serious problems.
    I am not sure what's wrong with Wayne, but this is not good for his company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.